Check names only works when I point to the first server in our organization

Check names only works when I point to the first server in our organization

Post by Regular G » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

I have a situation where I can't "check names" on a user on our server
- it give me a "The name could not be matched to a name in the address
list" error.

However, if I point to the first server in our organization and log
into their (separate) domain, it will then find our server and the
user I'm looking for.

Has anyone seen this?

Post by Rich Matheis » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

>I have a situation where I can't "check names" on a user on our server
>- it give me a "The name could not be matched to a name in the address
>list" error.

>However, if I point to the first server in our organization and log
>into their (separate) domain, it will then find our server and the
>user I'm looking for.

>Has anyone seen this?

Why do you use the term "organization" instead of "site?" Are both of
these servers in the same site? If they are then the directories
should be in synch (or there should be events 1186 (I think that's the
one) in the Applications Log warning of a problem with directory
replication).

If the servers are in different sites then you'll have to move the
mailboxes from one site to the other (no automated way to do that
unless you use the BORK and the Mailbox Migration Tool).

The way you're describing the problem I'd guess that you have
directory replication problems.