Veritas, Exchange Backups, and individual messages

Veritas, Exchange Backups, and individual messages

Post by Brad Jon » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I use Veritas Backup Exec v7.3. I backup the IS and do individual
mailbox  backups once a week. Is there a way or product to restore
past mail based on message by message basis and not have to build a
recovery server to restore it to? Or a better 3rd party product than
Veritas so recovery and restores are simpler without recreating
exchange?

thanks

Veritas, Exchange Backups, and individual messages

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

You're supposed to be able to restore individual mailbox data without a
recovery server with the individual mailbox ("brick") backup.  But you
shouldn't depend on it because it leaves certain things out of the restore.

Everyone really ought to have a recovery server.  On it you can run
utilities like ESEUTIL and ISINTEG to ensure the health of your database
without the need for any downtime or risk to your production system.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Tech Consultant

Quote:> I use Veritas Backup Exec v7.3. I backup the IS and do individual
> mailbox  backups once a week. Is there a way or product to restore
> past mail based on message by message basis and not have to build a
> recovery server to restore it to? Or a better 3rd party product than
> Veritas so recovery and restores are simpler without recreating
> exchange?

> thanks

1. Exchange backup and veritas exchange backup agent

Hello!

Exchange 5.5 and Veritas 8.5

My exchange located different computer than backup software. What software I
must be install backup computer? Now backup computer include next software:
Backupexe and exchange agent and also exchange admin. Remote agent running
exchange computer. Backup computer show error message then computer start:

Unable to load the file ESEBCLI2.DLL.   This dynamic link library is used to
backup and restore Microsoft Exchange Servers.  EDBBCLI.DLL is used by
Microsoft Exchange 5.x.  ESEBCLI2.DLL is used by Microsoft Exchange 2000.
If the specified DLL is for a version of Exchange Server that you do not
wish to support, you may ignore this warning.
 Error code: 126
 Error message: The specified module could not be found.

EDBBCLI.DLL file is system32 directory.

2. how to reject unknown recipients at smtp level

3. Veritas Backup Exec - Flat File Exchange Backup

4. Message stuck in OUT box

5. Backup individual Exchange messages

6. Outlook 2002 Administrative Install

7. Problems with .EDB files being Skipped during backup (Veritas Backup)

8. Internet Newsgroup from betanews.mcirosoft.com

9. Individual Mailbox backups with Backup Exec 8.5

10. Backup Exec 7.2 Individual Mailbox Backups

11. Exchange 5.5 with VERITAS Backup Exec

12. Veritas Backup Exec for Exchange problem

13. Exchange backup with Veritas Netbackup Data Center