Unable to start MSExchangeSA

Post by SzeShiong Lee, MC » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:49:53

Hi people,

I'm trying to install a new Exchange 2000 server but unfortunately, I'm
unable to start the System Attendant service. The details as shown by the
Application log are as follows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1005
Date:  11/20/2001
Time:  12:38:45 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: DNS01
Unexpected error There are no protocol sequences. Facility: Win32 ID no:
c00706b7 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred.

Obviously, the link that you see above did not manage to provide much
constructive information.... I hoping for a better suggestion here.
Really appreciate any help that's rendered. Hope to hear from some of you
experts out there real soon.

Thanks in advance

Unable to start MSExchangeSA

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:06:50

Quote:>I'm trying to install a new Exchange 2000 server but unfortunately, I'm
>unable to start the System Attendant service. The details as shown by the
>Application log are as follows:

>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: MSExchangeSA
>Event Category: General
>Event ID: 1005
>Date:  11/20/2001
>Time:  12:38:45 PM
>User:  N/A
>Computer: DNS01
>Unexpected error There are no protocol sequences. Facility: Win32 ID no:
>c00706b7 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred.

>For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

>Obviously, the link that you see above did not manage to provide much
>constructive information.... I hoping for a better suggestion here.
>Really appreciate any help that's rendered. Hope to hear from some of you
>experts out there real soon.

Have you made any changes to the network protocols on that machine?

Also, have a look at the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange
Provider registry key. Is there a "Rpc_Svr_Binding_Order" value? Does
its contents match the protocols installed on the machine?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Unable to start MSExchangeSA

Date:  11/20/2001
Time:  12:38:45 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: DNS01
Unexpected error There are no protocol sequences. Facility: Win32 ID no:
c00706b7 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred.

Obviously, the link that you see above did not manage to provide much
constructive information.... I hoping for a better suggestion here.
Really appreciate any help that's rendered. Hope to hear from some of you
experts out there real soon.

Thanks in advance

2. Wrong delivery report

3. Can't re-add SMTP address

4. Documented fix in Q253478 Not working HELP!

5. Recalculating Routing does not Remove Deleted Routes

6. MSExchangesa unable to start

7. MSExchangeSA fails to start

8. MSExchangeSA will not start

9. Cannot Start MSExchangeMU and MSExchangeSA !

10. MSExchangeSA not starting on a EXchange2003 Frontend