Exchange server error

Exchange server error

Post by Al Astorg » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00



I got this error message in the Event log and can't find any information on
it. Can anyone help ?

Event ID: 116
Source: ESE97
Type: Error
Category: Database Page Cache

Description:
MSExchangeIS [[219]] Synchronous read page checksum error - 1018 [[1:212288
1:212288] [0-2101194] [0-13815604]] occurred. Please restore the database
from a previous backup.

Should I suspect a hardware problem ? Can I run EDBUTIL to fix ?
Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Al Astorga

 
 
 

Exchange server error

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00



>Event ID: 116
>Source: ESE97
>Type: Error
>Category: Database Page Cache

>Description:
>MSExchangeIS [[219]] Synchronous read page checksum error - 1018 [[1:212288
>1:212288] [0-2101194] [0-13815604]] occurred. Please restore the database
>from a previous backup.

>Should I suspect a hardware problem ? Can I run EDBUTIL to fix ?

Do you have any Anti-Virus software installed? If you do, REMOVE it
and restart the server.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA


 
 
 

Exchange server error

Post by Chris Handwer » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00


Thanks,,,,, Good Idea....However,

No Anti-Virus software is loaded....
Only have Exchange 5.5, IIS3.0, MCAfee Remote Desk32....

Everything else is running fine.....

Any other Idea???   .......



>>Event ID: 116
>>Source: ESE97
>>Type: Error
>>Category: Database Page Cache

>>Description:
>>MSExchangeIS [[219]] Synchronous read page checksum error - 1018
[[1:212288
>>1:212288] [0-2101194] [0-13815604]] occurred. Please restore the database
>>from a previous backup.

>>Should I suspect a hardware problem ? Can I run EDBUTIL to fix ?

>Do you have any Anti-Virus software installed? If you do, REMOVE it
>and restart the server.

>----------------------------------------------------------------
>Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
>Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA


 
 
 

Exchange server error

Post by McCurtt » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00


This error is usally caused by write back cache, or a bad sector on the
harddisk... I would recommend  restoring from backup...

You cannot run edbutil because you have exchange 5.5 which is now eseutil...
but the problem with running this is, you may and most likley will loose
mail.. the command that would have to be ran here is eseutil /p (path to
priv.edb or pub.edb). eseutil with the /p switch is not nice to any
database.. -1018 is almost always hardware


>I got this error message in the Event log and can't find any information on
>it. Can anyone help ?

>Event ID: 116
>Source: ESE97
>Type: Error
>Category: Database Page Cache

>Description:
>MSExchangeIS [[219]] Synchronous read page checksum error - 1018 [[1:212288
>1:212288] [0-2101194] [0-13815604]] occurred. Please restore the database
>from a previous backup.

>Should I suspect a hardware problem ? Can I run EDBUTIL to fix ?
>Thanks for your help.

>Regards,

>Al Astorga


 
 
 

1. OWA to Exchange Server Error- HTTP error - forbidden

OWA to Exchange Server Error- HTTP error - forbidden

I installed Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 with OWA.  After configured FP
extensions I can access OWA site at: http://www.mysite.com/exchange/.

Problems are:

1. When I mapped this site to http://mail.mysite.com/, I can't access it and
got an "HTTP error - Forbidden".  I set the virtual host "mail" in the DNS
and used Host Header Name, mail.mysite.com, in IIS5.  I checked the security
settings and can't figure out what's wrong.
2. I tried to use Visual InterDev to access the Exchange site
(www.mysite.com/exchange with FP ext. configured),  which can be accessed
from browser, I failed.  It's saying there's an HTTP error and FP ext. may
not configured.

Please anyone give some advice.

Randall

2. imc, dynamic ip's, and pullmail.exe

3. error forwarding email - Exchange Server Error

4. Server SP's and Exchange SP.s

5. OWA to Exchange Server Error- HTTP error - forbidden

6. Outlook Problem - Client tries dialing / on Exchanger server

7. Specific exchange server error code 4294966278

8. E-Form

9. Exchange server error w/ Outlook98

10. Exchange server error -

11. exchange server errors

12. Exchange Server errors

13. install exchange server error