Cannot send emails to external addresses

Post by Patchav » Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:21:51

Hi,

Our staff are having problem sending emails externally.
Internal mails are okay.  I am new to Exchange.  We run
version 5.5 and this is the message I see in the Event
log.  What do I do? Your help will be much appreciated.

Steve

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeIMC
Event Category: Message Transfer
Event ID:       3024
Date:           4/09/2003
Time:           2:01:14 PM
User:           N/A
The outbound SMTP queue currently exceeds 25000 items. The
Internet Mail Service will not accept messages for
outbound conversion until the outbound queue has dropped
below 15000 items.

Cannot send emails to external addresses

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:45:41

Find out what is filling up IMC queue (most probably it is SPAM - follow
http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7696), wait for IMC to
deliver all mail (or flash queues) and you will be back in business.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. Cannot send large e-mail attachments to external email addresses

Hello All!

When users send large e-mail attachments (>400K) to an internet mail
address, the message sits in the 'Outbound Messages awaiting delivery' queue
with a delivery status of 'Pending' for about 30 minutes, at which time the
delivery status reads a time about one hour in the future.  Eventually it
sends 'Message Undeliverable' to the user from the system administrator with
a message that reads: