exporting and importing distribution list members

exporting and importing distribution list members

Post by Art » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:06:09

I wish to export a Distribution List member to a file, it
updated by someone and reimport the new file to same
Distribution List.  I cannot do the export in the first
place.  Does anybody know how to do this procedure?
Thanks all.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:49:31

>I wish to export a Distribution List member to a file, it
>updated by someone and reimport the new file to same
>Distribution List.  I cannot do the export in the first
>place.  Does anybody know how to do this procedure?

You can use the admin program's "Directory export" but you won't be
happy with its format.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

exporting and importing distribution list members

Post by Mr. Markus Hovikosk » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:28:35

1. Open the Exchange Administrator
2. Select Tools - Directory Export (if I remember correctly)
3. Select the container where the DL is
4. Select the file name to export to
5. Select Only Distribution Lists from the list on the left (Mailboxes,
Custom Recipients)
6. Export it to the file

Edit the file

1. Open the Exchange Administrator
2. Select Tools - Directory Import (if I remember correctly)
3. Select the container where the DL should be imported
4. Select the file name to import from
5. Select the Overwrite option
6. Import the file

--

Regards, Markus
Markus Hovikoski, System Administrator, MCSE

Quote:> I wish to export a Distribution List member to a file, it
> updated by someone and reimport the new file to same
> Distribution List.  I cannot do the export in the first
> place.  Does anybody know how to do this procedure?
> Thanks all.

exporting and importing distribution list members

Post by Mr. Markus Hovikosk » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 02:09:50

I hope this helps you to undestand the procedure. It is very simple when
done once.

To which user you created the mailbox and the profile.

1. You should create a mailbox like PFAdminTool
2. Set the primary NT account to Exservice
3. Log on to the Exchange Server as the Exservice account
4. Create the profile PFADMIN to the newly created mailbox
5. Remove the Outlook Address book from the profile. Leave only the Exchange
Server
6. Start Outlook with this new profile to authenticate the mailbox and to
activate it

Now you have succesfully made the connection to the Exchange server for the
PFAdmin tool. Next:

1. Start - Run- Cmd.exe
2. Move to the PfAdmin tool directory (example: c:\pfadmintool\)
3. type to the command prompt:

c:\pfadmintool\pfadmin PFADMIN setacl all Default None

This command sets the Default user's rights to none to every public folder.

Here are the options and switches to use in command prompt:

PFAdmin v1.2.0 Exchange 5.0
---------- COMMAND LINE SYNTAX ----------

PFADMIN [Switches] Profile SETACL Folder|ALL User Rights [User Rights]...
[YES|NO]
PFADMIN [Switches] Profile REHOME Folder|ALL [Site\]Server [YES|NO]
PFADMIN [Switches] Profile SETREPLICAS Folder Option Server(s) [Option
Server(s)]... [YES|NO]

PFADMIN [Switches] Profile LISTACL Folder|ALL [YES|NO]
PFADMIN [Switches] Profile LISTREPLICAS Folder|ALL [YES|NO]
PFADMIN [Switches] Profile MESSAGECLASSES Folder|ALL [FULL|I=IniFile]
[O=CsvFile] [HOMED] [YES|NO]

Switches:
    /Cn = console logging level (default = 4)
    /Dn = debug file logging level (default = 5)
    /En = eventlog logging level (default = 3)
    /Ln = logging level (console, debug and eventlog)
          0=NONE, 1=STATUS, 2=ERROR, 3=WARNING, 4=INFO, 5=DEBUG

---------- BATCH MODE ----------

Quote:>PFADMIN [Switches] Profile < stdin

Input file format:
    SETACL,Folder|ALL,User,Rights[,User,Rights]...[,YES|NO]
    REHOME,Folder|ALL,[Site\]Server[,YES|NO]
    SETREPLICAS,Folder|ALL,Option,Server(s)[,Option,Server(s)]...[,YES|NO]

    LISTACL,Folder|ALL[,YES|NO]
    LISTREPLICAS,Folder|ALL[,YES|NO]
    MESSAGECLASSES,Folder|ALL[,FULL|I=IniFile][,O=CsvFile][,HOMED][,YES|NO]

---------- ADDITIONAL HELP ----------

PFADMIN ? SETACL
PFADMIN ? REHOME
PFADMIN ? SETREPLICAS