Win95 Exchange Client wont connect!!!!

Post by William C. WadeI » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Couple Questions......

>I have quite a few 95 exchange clients connecting to my exchange server
>remotely, however there are two that connect to the RAS server, start the
>client and just sit.....  the connection never goes through.  I am running
>NetBEUI and TCP/IP on the 95 machines.

Can these machines ping the server? (is host name resoluton working).
If yes, can they RPCPing the Server.  Check out that tool on the Server CD (in
the support directory)

Is there a most efficient protocol

Quote:>binding order that I should set in the registry?

An area of much debate...

  Can I delete the

Quote:>protocols that I do not employ on the network from the RPC_Binding_Order
>entry?

Yea, you can, but re-ordering them is best.

I have set my NT client binding order to:

Quote:>ncalrpc,netbios,ncacn_ip_tcp and it seems ok..... still slow though.

Netbios will have to do Netbios name resolution over TCP/IP.  So you will be
using Netbios over TCP/IP, not necessarly Netbios over NetBeui......

What

Quote:>is the average connection time that I should be seeing from the time I fire
>up the inbox?

Have you worked 'off line'?  Are you familure with the OST, or off line message
store...This seems to be the SOP for dial-up functionality.
Quote:

>Thanks!
>--

>Erik Amalisen
>Dynastar Skis

1. Win95 Exchange Client wont connect!!!!

Can these machines ping the server? (is host name resoluton working).
If yes, can they RPCPing the Server.  Check out that tool on the Server CD (in
the support directory)

Is there a most efficient protocol
An area of much debate...

  Can I delete the
Yea, you can, but re-ordering them is best.

I have set my NT client binding order to:

Netbios will have to do Netbios name resolution over TCP/IP.  So you will be
using Netbios over TCP/IP, not necessarly Netbios over NetBeui......

What

Have you worked 'off line'?  Are you familure with the OST, or off line message
store...This seems to be the SOP for dial-up functionality.

2. Filter out external mail

3. Unable to access Mailbox Rights in Exchange Advanced Tab

4. Win95 Exchange Client requires 2 retries before connecting to Exchange Server (5.0)

5. Creating a distribution list with Custom Recipients that does not expand the recipients

6. MAC Exchange client wont connect

7. Receiving Restriction

8. Problem connect Netware Win95 Client to Exchange Server

9. WIN95 Messaging (Exchange) Client to Exchange Client

10. DOS Exchange Client PAB's to WIN95 Exchange Client PAB's