Automatic Deletion of "Deleted Items"

Post by Arthur Vaccarin » Thu, 02 May 2002 02:42:02

Is there a way that I can automatically delete (purge) items from a users
Deleted Items folder in Exchange 2000 SP2. My company is concerned with
security and I would like to periodically (Monthly) permanently delete any
messages in deleted items older than say 30 days.

Thanks

-=A.V=-

Automatic Deletion of "Deleted Items"

Post by MVP » Thu, 02 May 2002 03:47:36

Mailbox Manager
http://www.fawcette.com/dotnetmag/2001_12/online/online_eprods/ncaval...
/ or set "empty deleted on exit" from Outlook client.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

Quote:> Is there a way that I can automatically delete (purge) items from a users
> Deleted Items folder in Exchange 2000 SP2. My company is concerned with
> security and I would like to periodically (Monthly) permanently delete any
> messages in deleted items older than say 30 days.

> Thanks

> -=A.V=-

1. Cant delete "deleted items"

hi

I have a user with Exchange client 4, sp4 and when the "deleted items" is
empty manually all mails reappear within a day or two.
The settings for deleted items is: Empty upon exit, but it never does.

I have tried to remove the program and install it again from scratch - same
problem. The first day or two is the deleted items empty....then the mails
start to reappear and here they stay.
It's the only user with the problem.

Any Ideas ??

Karsten

2. IMC queue error 3038

3. Please Help""""""""""""""

4. Massive Memory Usage of Exchange 2000

5. Permissions for "deleted items container"

6. OWA error: failed to connect to the microsoft exchange server (is it the T-selector??)

7. Don't want to bounce email addressed to unknown users

8. Remove "delete" items from the server

9. Empty "Deleted Items"

10. Empty "Deleted Items" folder stalls

11. Remove old "Deleted Items" automatically

12. Prevent "Recover Deleted Items" Purging