How to authenticate mail senders in MSExchange 5.5?

How to authenticate mail senders in MSExchange 5.5?

Post by doroodga » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:56:20

Hi everyone

I have a MS Exchange 5.5 and I find out that sending email in my mail server
dosen't need authentication.
So anyone can send its emails from my server without authentication.
How can I do for restrict sending email for unauthenticated users?
I'd like only authenticated users can send mail.

Regards

How to authenticate mail senders in MSExchange 5.5?

Post by Lanwenc » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:39:27

This is a great article:
http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7696

Quote:> Hi everyone

> I have a MS Exchange 5.5 and I find out that sending email in my mail
server
> dosen't need authentication.
> So anyone can send its emails from my server without authentication.
> How can I do for restrict sending email for unauthenticated users?
> I'd like only authenticated users can send mail.

> Regards

1. Upgrade from MSExchange 5.5 Standard version to MSExchange 5.5 Enterprise version

My Exchange server is getting close to the 16gb limit on the private
information store.  Instead of running Eseutil and removing all the junk in
the database I figure that I will just upgrade to enterprise edition.  Has
anyone done this?  I hear that that you can change one line in the registry
to upgrade from Standard to Enterprise

2. Calender Restriction

3. senders not authenticating

4. How to accsee public folder without Account ask via OWA?

5. MSExchange.ACLObject and MSExchange.ACE Wrong ProgID

6. Outlook Web Access Configuration

7. MSExchange 5.5 / Relay problem

8. Auto Response

9. Autoprint of MSExchange 5.0/5.5

10. Looking for a helpdeskapplication add-in in MSExchange 5.5

11. Transfering accounts from NT.4 (exchange 5.5) to MSExchange 2000

12. MSexchange 5.5 Transaction logs build up

13. POP3 + IMAP Sockets not listening on MSExchange 5.5