Outbound News

Post by C.P. » Sun, 25 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I've setup exchange with newsfeed from my ISP, works pretty good so far.

However I can't seem to find any of my posts back on the newsgourps. I've
checked by connecting to my ISP and using a newsreader straight to the news
server and can't find any posts.

Any help would be appreciated.  Do the reply/posts get sent out the next time
exchange pulls from the newsfeed??

Outbound News

Post by Ernest W. Hetrick, Jr » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but your post just showed up
(Wednesday, April 28) - five days after your send date. Maybe this is
related to your problem; maybe you need to check your clock.

I have problems with my outbound newsfeeds as well.

In fact, anyone, please respond to this post so I can check my own
outbound feed.

Post by Michael Enti » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Look at the event log - if there are event "message rejected" or something
else, this may clear the situation.

--

Outbound News

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Responding at 10:20pm (GMT+3)

> Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but your post just showed up
> (Wednesday, April 28) - five days after your send date. Maybe this is
> related to your problem; maybe you need to check your clock.

> I have problems with my outbound newsfeeds as well.

> In fact, anyone, please respond to this post so I can check my own
> outbound feed.

1. Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0: outbound news problems

We are using a Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 to pull inbound news and
push outbound articles. We encounter a strange problem with the outbound
flow. We have the following error when the server calls our ISP:

"An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to the remote host.
Error = 0x80040115."

Then the server normally pulls the news from the various news group we
subscribe to. If we make a call just after then the outgoing articles
are pushed without any problem. This error only happens when there are
articles to push.
Does anybody know how to work around (or better, fix) this problem?

EFT Consultants s.a.
av. Plasky 157 / 6 - 1030 Brussels - Belgium
Tel +32 (0)2 736.89.11 - Fax +32 (0)2 736.88.53
URL http://www.eft.be

2. Keeping Messages on the Server

3. Exchange 5.0 outbound news problems

4. Default Attribute Value

5. Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0: outbound news problems

6. Exhcnage getting e-mail

7. Outbound News

8. Service Pack for 5.5?

9. Error 0x80040115 during outbound news push

10. Outbound News

11. Internet News Service - Outbound error

12. Internet News Outbound Failure

13. Not all news articles retrieved from news server...