Problem the .US domain

Post by Glenn Marti » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Any address I send to that ends with .US goes to a totally unrelated
address, HUSTLE.RAHUL.NET.   I talked to the people at that address and
they said that they own the domain name US.COM and they thought that
Exchange may be appending a .COM to the end of the addresses ending in
.US.   I looked in the SMTP log files and there is no indication of this
happenning.  To make matters worse I went to our VAX and sent a VMS mail
message to the .US address and it was sent and received fine.  I thought
it may be a DNS problem so I deleted all DNS entries on the Exchange
server and put an entry in the local hosts file pointing to the IP
address of the .US address I'm trying to send to.  This did not work
either.  Does anybody know of some bug or limitation that Exchange has
when sending to .US addresses????????

1. Problem with sending mail to .US domain

Any address I send to that ends with .US goes to a totally unrelated
address, HUSTLE.RAHUL.NET.   I talked to the people at that address and
they said that they own the domain name US.COM and they thought that
Exchange may be appending a .COM to the end of the addresses ending in
.US.   I looked in the SMTP log files and there is no indication of this

happenning.  To make matters worse I went to our VAX and sent a VMS mail

message to the .US address and it was sent and received fine.  I thought

it may be a DNS problem so I deleted all DNS entries on the Exchange
server and put an entry in the local hosts file pointing to the IP
address of the .US address I'm trying to send to.  This did not work
either.

Does anybody know of some bug or limitation that Exchange has
when sending to .US addresses????????

2. LDAP Setup

3. Bouncing Email some FROM us, some TO us...

4. How do I stop data from being deleted in Public Folders

5. one domain unable to send to us

6. Defrag

7. Adding .US domain to Exchange 2000

8. Help needed to get my setup running!

9. Allowing only certain domains to send us email

10. Exchange 5.5 enables us have two email domain?

11. .us domains

12. how to us more then one domains in one server

13. problems sending to @us.yourdomain.com address