Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

Post by Antonia Jaspe » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:13:21

I notice whenever someone trying to log in to my exchange 2000 server using
owa .

There will be a problem if the client IE browser have the proxy server set
to their respective ISP proxy.

when I type in my owa URL. The Log on screen will appear, However  I only
got the "user name" and 'password column" displayed but no the "domain"
column.  I key in the right username and password, it will not allow me to
log in

The funny thing is that, if I ask the client to bypass or clear the proxy
server setting on the browser the "user name",  "password" and domain column
will all displayed. I key in the same username and password and it will
allow me to log in.

I wonder what went wrong. How can I solve the problem without bypassing
proxy server on the client browser

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:06:34

>I notice whenever someone trying to log in to my exchange 2000 server using
>owa .

>There will be a problem if the client IE browser have the proxy server set
>to their respective ISP proxy.

>when I type in my owa URL. The Log on screen will appear, However  I only
>got the "user name" and 'password column" displayed but no the "domain"
>column.  I key in the right username and password, it will not allow me to
>log in

Put <domain>\<user> into the first edit box.

Quote:>The funny thing is that, if I ask the client to bypass or clear the proxy
>server setting on the browser the "user name",  "password" and domain column
>will all displayed.

The two-item logon is from IIS. The three-item dialog is from the file
system.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

So what does that have to do with the proxy setting ???

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 05:06:57

>So what does that have to do with the proxy setting ???

Probably nothing at all to do with the proxy. But has a lot to do with
the way a web site works.

Bypassing the initial authentication probably has you connected to the
web server as an anonymous user. If that user has no permissions on
the part of the web site that's protected by an ACL you'll be prompted
for your credentials to acess the directroy or file.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

Post by Antonia Jaspe » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:36:33

Tks
So kind of authentication methods for my OWA web site or file permission do
you think I should set ???

> >So what does that have to do with the proxy setting ???

> Probably nothing at all to do with the proxy. But has a lot to do with
> the way a web site works.

> Bypassing the initial authentication probably has you connected to the
> web server as an anonymous user. If that user has no permissions on
> the part of the web site that's protected by an ACL you'll be prompted
> for your credentials to acess the directroy or file.

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:01:01

The web site on the proxy server and the Exchange virtual directory on the
OWA server need to be set to Basic Authentication.   Set the authentication
on the Exchange Virtual Directory in the Exchange System Mgr not the
Internet Services Mgr.

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:49:09

>So kind of authentication methods for my OWA web site or file permission do
>you think I should set ???

What are you using now? I'd start by allowing "basic" authentication.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

Post by antoni » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:31:33

I use Basic Authentcations

> >So kind of authentication methods for my OWA web site or file permission
do
> >you think I should set ???

> What are you using now? I'd start by allowing "basic" authentication.

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

Post by Mem » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:59:34

some Proxy do  not support the OWA which uses the web dav protocol to access
the EXCHANGE server
call your ISP make sure they have the latest patch for that on their Proxy
Mem
Seaside Software Corp. Extend the benefits of exchange 2000 implementations
out to mobile workers and remote offices

www.seasidesw.com

> I use Basic Authentcations

> > >So kind of authentication methods for my OWA web site or file
permission
> do
> > >you think I should set ???

> > What are you using now? I'd start by allowing "basic" authentication.

> > --
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

1. Owa not able to Log in with proxy server set on browser

I notice whenever someone trying to log in to my exchange 2000 server using
owa .

There will be a problem if the client IE browser have the proxy server set
to their respective ISP proxy.

when I type in my owa URL. The Log on screen will appear, However  I only
got the "user name" and 'password column" displayed but no the "domain"
column.  I key in the right username and password, it will not allow me to
log in

The funny thing is that, if I ask the client to bypass or clear the proxy
server setting on the browser the "user name",  "password" and domain column
will all displayed. I key in the same username and password and it will
allow me to log in.

I wonder what went wrong. How can I solve the problem without bypassing
proxy server on the client browser

2. Help!, Exchange 5.5 et NNTP

3. Adding Virtual SMTP/No Public Folders Found On M:

4. 32k outlook server rules.

5. OWA public folder not accessable due to browser security setting

6. Mac Attachments

7. Exchannge 2000 OWA not able to log in

8. Users not able to log into OWA

9. Help~ not able to set permissions for my Public Folders

10. Strange Problem, Able to retrieve messages from my ISP but not able to send messages

11. Able to send, but not able to receive new mail