Strange Exchange error filling up the Event log

Strange Exchange error filling up the Event log

Post by Steve Tonne » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of MS Exchange Server (demo, haven't
bothered to install the purchased version yet) on the LAN's BDC, which is
also the gateway. For some strange reason The Application Event log started
filling up with error messages like this:

MSExchangeIS ((389) ) Unexpected NT API error:  0xC000000D

Either the same message fills the log or it repeates 10 or 20 times, all
with the same time stamp, then stops only to repeat a day or two later.
Very weird.

Anyone have any thoughts on where this may have come from? Should I go
ahead and install the purchased version of Exchange and see if the problem
goes away?

Steve Tonner

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 04 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I'm running the latest version of MS Exchange Server (demo, haven't
>bothered to install the purchased version yet) on the LAN's BDC, which is
>also the gateway. For some strange reason The Application Event log started
>filling up with error messages like this:

>MSExchangeIS ((389) ) Unexpected NT API error:  0xC000000D

>Either the same message fills the log or it repeates 10 or 20 times, all
>with the same time stamp, then stops only to repeat a day or two later.
>Very weird.

>Anyone have any thoughts on where this may have come from? Should I go
>ahead and install the purchased version of Exchange and see if the problem
>goes away?

Did you recently install Anti-Virus software on the server? If so,
REMOVE it and restart the server.

MS has a hot-fix for this NT file system problem with A-V file system
filters. The fix will be part of SP4.

1. Exchange "error" filling up Event Log

I am receiving the following message and it fills my Application event log
on a daily basis. Does anyone know how to stop the message from coming up?

NT User BOLLEXCH\exchangeservice logged on to [user] mailbox, and is not the
primary Windows NT account on this mailbox.

Thanks...

Tom Godon - CNE MCP
Network Administrator
Bollinger, Inc.

2. Trouble moving old data into new install

3. Exchange 2000 Server fills event log with errors after SP2

4. "Service_Control_Interrogate"

5. Exch 5.5 - Error 1023 Filling Up Event Log

6. Send As and printing gives header of sender!

7. event log getting filled with 9153 and 8213 errors

8. Can exchange download message from other pop3 server?

9. Event 9302 is filling my Event Log

10. Corrupt Data event filling up Application Event Log

11. Events with event ID's 179 and 180 are filling up my application log

12. MTA filling event log, Event ID 9997

13. Event ID 8206 fills event log