Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

Post by BDirec » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The original server with the default mapi folder was not able to be backed
up before it had hardware failure. I was unable to rehome the default MAPI
public folder from the first server in the site, so this server only has the
General Public folders. There is also no way of taking a backup from the
first server, it's toast.

Does anyone know of a way to rebuilt the Default MAPI folder in this new
machine?
I have been searching in Technet for a while now, and no luck.

Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

Post by Brett Pric » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 04:00:00

To bad U didn't replicate public folder instances in other sites.
What on earth is a default mapi public folder ?.
--
Brett Price
Exchange/NT Administrator

> The original server with the default mapi folder was not able to be backed
> up before it had hardware failure. I was unable to rehome the default MAPI
> public folder from the first server in the site, so this server only has
the
> General Public folders. There is also no way of taking a backup from the
> first server, it's toast.

> Does anyone know of a way to rebuilt the Default MAPI folder in this new
> machine?
> I have been searching in Technet for a while now, and no luck.

Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

Post by craig.dalrympl » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 04:00:00

the public folder that gets installed by default (M: drive)
you can create other folders, but they're not MAPI enabled
there can be only one MAPI folder on the server

> To bad U didn't replicate public folder instances in other sites.
> What on earth is a default mapi public folder ?.
> --
> Brett Price
> Exchange/NT Administrator

> > The original server with the default mapi folder was not able to be
backed
> > up before it had hardware failure. I was unable to rehome the default
MAPI
> > public folder from the first server in the site, so this server only has
> the
> > General Public folders. There is also no way of taking a backup from the
> > first server, it's toast.

> > Does anyone know of a way to rebuilt the Default MAPI folder in this new
> > machine?
> > I have been searching in Technet for a while now, and no luck.

Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

Post by BDirec » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Exactly Brett, ... which is why since the original server is no longer
online I do not have the original mapi folder. So how do I enable a mapi
folder? As you say, I can continute to create other folders, but they are
only general folders, and are not mapi enabled.

Thanks,

> the public folder that gets installed by default (M: drive)
> you can create other folders, but they're not MAPI enabled
> there can be only one MAPI folder on the server

> > To bad U didn't replicate public folder instances in other sites.
> > What on earth is a default mapi public folder ?.
> > --
> > Brett Price
> > Exchange/NT Administrator

> > > The original server with the default mapi folder was not able to be
> backed
> > > up before it had hardware failure. I was unable to rehome the default
> MAPI
> > > public folder from the first server in the site, so this server only
has
> > the
> > > General Public folders. There is also no way of taking a backup from
the
> > > first server, it's toast.

> > > Does anyone know of a way to rebuilt the Default MAPI folder in this
new
> > > machine?
> > > I have been searching in Technet for a while now, and no luck.

Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

Post by Brett Pric » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I see your dilemma , Have U tried AD sites and Services, Services, drill
down
to Folder Hierarchies right click new shared foler ( mine shows Public
Folders in right
view paine) I would assume not on yours. This is only guess that it will
recreate a new
mapi client folder but why not try. Hope this helps
--
Brett Price
NT Systems Admin

> Exactly Brett, ... which is why since the original server is no longer
> online I do not have the original mapi folder. So how do I enable a mapi
> folder? As you say, I can continute to create other folders, but they are
> only general folders, and are not mapi enabled.

> Thanks,

> > the public folder that gets installed by default (M: drive)
> > you can create other folders, but they're not MAPI enabled
> > there can be only one MAPI folder on the server

> > > To bad U didn't replicate public folder instances in other sites.
> > > What on earth is a default mapi public folder ?.
> > > --
> > > Brett Price
> > > Exchange/NT Administrator

> > backed
> > MAPI
> has
> > > the
> the

> new

1. Creating a new default MAPI folder in Exchange 2000

The original server with the default mapi folder was not able to be backed
up before it had hardware failure. I was unable to rehome the default MAPI
public folder from the first server in the site, so this server only has the
General Public folders. There is also no way of taking a backup from the
first server, it's toast.

Does anyone know of a way to rebuilt the Default MAPI folder in this new
machine?
I have been searching in Technet for a while now, and no luck.

2. subject in "out of office"

3. How can we control the GAL?

4. Checking messages on an Exchange server from remote site (home, on the road, etc.)

5. Delete default MAPI public folder and re-create

6. A chance to earn real money, no jokes, try it out!

7. missing some default folders on new created accounts

8. Cannot Create a MAPI Session in Exchange 2000

9. Help on creating through MAPI a folder in Public Folders