Migration of MS Mail groups to Exchange server

Migration of MS Mail groups to Exchange server

Post by Tim Butle » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'm in the testing phase of migration from MS Mail to Exchange and have not
found a way to migrate groups. Is it possible?? I haven't found anything
yet to indicate that it is. Any information would be greatly
appreciated!!!!

Migration of MS Mail groups to Exchange server

Post by Juan R. Guzma » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

There's an article in TechNet on how to do this, but it's such a pain that
we did it manually.

Quote:> I'm in the testing phase of migration from MS Mail to Exchange and have
not
> found a way to migrate groups. Is it possible?? I haven't found anything
> yet to indicate that it is. Any information would be greatly
> appreciated!!!!

1. maintaing MS Mail groups with exchange migration

We are in the middle of a migration from MS MAIL to exchange and in the
process we still need to maintain address books. I have setup dir  synch so
the GAL is being updated just fine.

My problems occurs when a MS MAIL users needs to send email to a
group and someone in that group has been migrated to EXCHANGE .That user can
not exist in a MS MAil group since MS MAIL admin does not know about
exchange users.

I have recreated all groups from within exchange in hopes that all the new
exchange groups(which can have MS MAIL imported users and exchange users)
would be exported to the GAL on the nightly updated, but this did not
happen.

Does anyone have any idea's how this can be handled?

please reply in email.

2. IMS e-mail retention

3. Backup Exec access denied error

4. Migration from MS Mail Server to Exchange Server with Mac clients

5. Exchange 5.5 users dropping

6. Address book Sync

7. MS-Mail to Exchange 5.5 Migration - Calander Migration

8. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

9. Macintosh client migration (MS Mail PAL->MS Exchange PAB)

10. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration