HTML email

Post by David Warne » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

I work for a retail company that needs to send email via a list server to
send customers with newsletters and such.  I have a list server configured
and working.  My question is, what is the proper way to send out a HTML type
newsletter via exchange.  Do you past the HTML code into the email?  Or do
you just copy and paste the web page into the email?  With both solutions
web based email clients don't get the email correctly.  Some just get the
text not the HTML format or some get the HTML code.  I was just wondering if
there is a set way to do this.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

Dave Warner

HTML email

Post by Danny Cost » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I suspect that readability of your emails is more to do with client
software.  For example, Outlook can be configged just for plain text, not
HTML.  Other clients may not read HTML right either.

Danny

>I work for a retail company that needs to send email via a list server to
>send customers with newsletters and such.  I have a list server configured
>and working.  My question is, what is the proper way to send out a HTML
type
>newsletter via exchange.  Do you past the HTML code into the email?  Or do
>you just copy and paste the web page into the email?  With both solutions
>web based email clients don't get the email correctly.  Some just get the
>text not the HTML format or some get the HTML code.  I was just wondering
if
>there is a set way to do this.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

>Dave Warner

HTML email

Post by David Warne » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

That might be the case with some clients but I know most of the web  base
mail are capable like hotmail and yahoo.  I have a usa.net account that
recieves html email from other companys fine but when I send one myself it
doesn't work.

Dave

> I suspect that readability of your emails is more to do with client
> software.  For example, Outlook can be configged just for plain text, not
> HTML.  Other clients may not read HTML right either.

> Danny

> >I work for a retail company that needs to send email via a list server to
> >send customers with newsletters and such.  I have a list server
configured
> >and working.  My question is, what is the proper way to send out a HTML
> type
> >newsletter via exchange.  Do you past the HTML code into the email?  Or
do
> >you just copy and paste the web page into the email?  With both solutions
> >web based email clients don't get the email correctly.  Some just get the
> >text not the HTML format or some get the HTML code.  I was just wondering
> if
> >there is a set way to do this.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

> >Dave Warner

1. Can receive HTML but can't send HTML email

Does anyone know why I can receive an HTML formated message from an
Exchange(5.5 SP3)server, but when I try to forward that same message
to say an ATT account it always is received as plain text? Yet the ATT
account does accept HTML formated email. I don't think this is caused
by the client side (Outlook 2002)as Iv'e checked the settings and they
are correct. Is there a setting within Exchange? Any help would be
appreciated.

2. Connector for CC:Mail - Post Office on Netware, a little trick

3. html email forwarding loses html formatting

4. E2K SP2 "Rebuild Interval" missing.

5. HTML Email

6. Exchange doesn't seem to get all incoming email

7. Sending HTML email with CDONTS to an Outlook contact

8. Re-directing SMTP addresses

9. How to forward HTML email?

10. Sending HTML email with Visual Basic

11. How to create HTML email using CDO from VB/VBScript

12. HTML eMail forms and CDO/CDONTS...

13. can outlook 97 veiw html email?