Sending mail on behalf of a Public Folder.

Sending mail on behalf of a Public Folder.

Post by Peter Morga » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I wish to subscribe to a whole load of email newsgroups, but I want the
mails to go directly into the public folders we use at work, rather than
through my personal mailbox and using inbox rules to redirect (I tried that
already, but it was proving too much!).

Anyway, I've created the public folders, and have created individual email
addresses associated with each. I am told by our Sys admin person that
Exchange can't actually send emails, so in order to subscribe to the lists,
I will need to send an email on behalf of each folder, from my own mailbox.

I have made myself owner of each folder, and I've set myself the right to
'Send From' (and everything else I can see). However, when I try to send a
mail from my inbox, I get an error telling me I don't have permission.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, and what I need to do right?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Sending mail on behalf of a Public Folder.

Post by Patrick Reed [MVP » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Your Admin will need to give you Send As permission to that folder

--
You can get Knowledge Base articles via e-mail by sending a blank message
with the Q article number(s) in the subject to:

or search the MS Knowledge Base from:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/default.htm

PATRICK REED ~~~~~~~~~~
 Microsoft Exchange MVP, MCP
"At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge
five dollars for the second glass. The second glass contained the
antidote." -- Emo Phillips

> I wish to subscribe to a whole load of email newsgroups, but I want the
> mails to go directly into the public folders we use at work, rather than
> through my personal mailbox and using inbox rules to redirect (I tried
that
> already, but it was proving too much!).

> Anyway, I've created the public folders, and have created individual email
> addresses associated with each. I am told by our Sys admin person that
> Exchange can't actually send emails, so in order to subscribe to the
lists,
> I will need to send an email on behalf of each folder, from my own
mailbox.

> I have made myself owner of each folder, and I've set myself the right to
> 'Send From' (and everything else I can see). However, when I try to send a
> mail from my inbox, I get an error telling me I don't have permission.

> Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, and what I need to do right?

> Thanks in advance,
> Peter

Sending mail on behalf of a Public Folder.

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Or, better yet, create newsfeed fro those newsgroups.
Make sure that ISP supports NEWNEWS command.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

1. SEND MAIL ON BEHALF OF A PUBLIC FOLDER

We are setting up public folders for different projects and we want to send
and receive mail as a group so that all members can view the correspondence.

I've mail enabled public folders, assigned mail addresses and user rights to
send mail on behalf of the folder. Everything works fine, except the sender
name in the sent mail messages. The name is the same as folder name.

- How do I change the sender name of a public folder?

thanks,
Jussi

2. Anonymous email.

3. Sending mail on behalf of a public folder

4. Scheduling Between Sites

5. Send-On-Behalf-Of for a Mail Enabled Public Folder

6. Evaluation to RTM - Are you kidding me!?

7. Cannot send letter on behalf of public folder...

8. Mac Exchange/Outlook information

9. Send on Behalf from a Public Folder

10. Send on behalf from a public folder

11. Send on Behalf in Public Folders

12. sending on behalf of a public folder

13. Sending on behalf of a public folder - NOT EASY TO DO