5.5: Recovering deleted public folder

Post by JM » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 01:33:01

We're on Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5.

A user accidentally deleted one of the folders in Public Folders.  It
doesn't get saved in Deleted Items folder.

Is there any function at Exchange admin that lets us recover it??

5.5: Recovering deleted public folder

Post by Susa » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:33:36

if you have "deleted items retention" set, you should be able to recover the
folder (from the client, not the server).  If not, restore from backup...

Quote:> We're on Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5.

> A user accidentally deleted one of the folders in Public Folders.  It
> doesn't get saved in Deleted Items folder.

> Is there any function at Exchange admin that lets us recover it??

1. Recover Deleted Public Folders

Hi.

I have problems with recovering a Inbox who belongs to a
Public Folder. The problem is described in Knowledge Base
article with ASS ID Nomber: 811358:
us;811358

The resoluting is to grant everyone Full Control
permission on the Top Level folder Public Folder. I work
in a large company with many Public folders, and i dont
want to grant everyone this permission. Ive tried to grant
my user this permission, but it still wont work. Do I have
other opportunities?

2. Many Mailboxes, one user?

3. recover deleted public folder

4. OWA message body error

5. Recover Deleted Public Folder

6. OWA and meeting requests

7. cant recover deleted items - public folder - contact list

8. curious backup question

9. Recovering a deleted Public Folder

10. Recovering Deleted Public Folder

11. recover deleted public folder

12. Recover Deleted Public Folder Contacts?

13. Recovering deleted Public Folder