Help: Changed assoc-nt-account & alias, now LDAP returns nothing

Help: Changed assoc-nt-account & alias, now LDAP returns nothing

Post by Matthew T. Adam » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I no longer can access mailbox/recipient info via LDAP for my Exchange
account.

The following steps were performed, in this order:
1.  My WinNT domain account, call it "dom1\acct1" was deleted by our
adminstrator, and a new account, call it "dom1\acct2" was created for me.
2.  The first accont, dom1\acct1, was the primary Windows NT account
(assoc-nt-account) for my Exchange mailbox/recipient.  Once the new account,
dom1\acct2, was created, it was set to be the assoc-nt-account of my
Exchange mailbox/recipient.
3.  Then, my Exchange alias was changed from "acct1" to "acct2".

Now, I get an error when I try to bind to
ldap://exchange/cn=acct2,cn=Recipients,ou=MySite,o=MyRealm.  I can, however,
access it fine if I bind to the old LDAP object
(ldap://exchange/cn=acct1,cn=Recipients,ou=MySite,o=MyRealm).

Can someone tell me how to have the adminsitrator resynchronize whatever it
is that I need to have them resynchronize so that the LDAP bind succeeds
with the new alias ("acct2")?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

Help: Changed assoc-nt-account & alias, now LDAP returns nothing

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I no longer can access mailbox/recipient info via LDAP for my Exchange
>account.

>The following steps were performed, in this order:
>1.  My WinNT domain account, call it "dom1\acct1" was deleted by our
>adminstrator, and a new account, call it "dom1\acct2" was created for me.
>2.  The first accont, dom1\acct1, was the primary Windows NT account
>(assoc-nt-account) for my Exchange mailbox/recipient.  Once the new account,
>dom1\acct2, was created, it was set to be the assoc-nt-account of my
>Exchange mailbox/recipient.
>3.  Then, my Exchange alias was changed from "acct1" to "acct2".

>Now, I get an error when I try to bind to
>ldap://exchange/cn=acct2,cn=Recipients,ou=MySite,o=MyRealm.  I can, however,
>access it fine if I bind to the old LDAP object
>(ldap://exchange/cn=acct1,cn=Recipients,ou=MySite,o=MyRealm).

>Can someone tell me how to have the adminsitrator resynchronize whatever it
>is that I need to have them resynchronize so that the LDAP bind succeeds
>with the new alias ("acct2")?

By the time you receive this you may not need the answer!

Try this MS KB article:
Q179065 "XADM: Changes to Primary Windows NT Account Do Not Take
Effect

1. Help: Changed assoc-nt-account & alias, now LDAP returns nothing

[...]

2. garbage attachment

3. ADSI, LDAP and Assoc-NT-Account

4. Cannot install SP4 in Exchange 5.5

5. Assoc-NT-Account and LDAP

6. How do I send attachments using the Outlook active server pages setup

7. Assoc-NT-Account problem, HELP!

8. Foreign emails bouncing

9. Assoc-NT-account Help? [String(octet) problems]

10. Retrieval of mail account armed with assoc-nt-account

11. Assoc-NT-Account/Set Value for Resource Acct

12. Assoc-NT-Account in Perlscript