SMTP Cannot send ouside my domain

Post by Cha » Sat, 25 May 2002 00:26:25

I am usig an asp page that emails my cell phone. I have exchange 5.5
sp 4, my problem is that it will not mail outside of my domain. I know
my exchange will, but not smtp, If I telnet into the smtp, and try to
send it comes back and gives the message :
            The recipient name is not recognized
            MSEXCH:IMS:AMC:AMC:EXCHANGE 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

I think the problem is in the Internet Mail Connector???  Any help
would be appriciated!!

SMTP Cannot send ouside my domain

Post by MVP » Sat, 25 May 2002 00:30:38

Hi Chad,

Is the Internet Mail connector installed? If it's not listed in the
connections container, add it through the admin file menu>>new other.

--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Quote:> I am usig an asp page that emails my cell phone. I have exchange 5.5
> sp 4, my problem is that it will not mail outside of my domain. I know
> my exchange will, but not smtp, If I telnet into the smtp, and try to
> send it comes back and gives the message :
>             The recipient name is not recognized
>             MSEXCH:IMS:AMC:AMC:EXCHANGE 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

> I think the problem is in the Internet Mail Connector???  Any help
> would be appriciated!!

1. sending mail to people ouside my domain

Hi all,
I'd like to be able to send mail thru a webpage.
when I try doing this using exchange 4 "smtp" (port 25
on my mail server) in an isapi dll, all messages to
users ouside my domain bounce.
It seems necessary to connect to the mail server using mapi32
with a valid profile name, so I defined a maibox for
IUSR, logged on as IUSR, created a profile and voila, my
mail dll worked - until I logged off.
What's happening is that the profile for IUSR is deleted
as soon as I log off, and therefore I want to know if
it's possible to somehow save it - or, of course if there's
another way to get the mail sending done.

bye!
lein

2. One user cannot log in

3. Cannot send mail to my domain using IIS SMTP virtual Server

4. Theoretical Email Quantities w/ 5.5?

5. Cannot Send Mail to SMTP Domain

6. Exchange dosent create mailbox, after user added to AD

7. cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

8. Outlook to MES messaging

9. SMTP virtual server cannot send some msgs

10. SMTP, Cannot send or receive

11. Cannot send smtp

12. User cannot send outbound smtp mail to certain companies

13. Exchange 2000 cannot receive any emails sent by other SMTP