Auto print Exchange mailbox messages

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Don't know quite where this message should go .... (Outlook, Exchange,
etc...)

Does anyone know how to set an individual's mailbox so that every message
that arrives is printed on a network printer?

Thanks in advance for your help,

James

Auto print Exchange mailbox messages

Post by David Welc » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

You are going to need to create a custom rule to do this.  At the present
time, I don't know of anyone that has created a rule of this type.  However,
someone with a good command of C++ or VB5 should be able to do it without to
much problem.  The biggest issue you will run into is the handling of
messages with attachments.

DW

Quote:>Don't know quite where this message should go .... (Outlook, Exchange,
>etc...)

>Does anyone know how to set an individual's mailbox so that every message
>that arrives is printed on a network printer?

>Thanks in advance for your help,

>James

Auto print Exchange mailbox messages

Post by Brad Star » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Look for launcher on MS Exchange Server web site. The is also a utility
called Exprint, when combined with launcher will do exactly what you want.
Here is info from
http://www.microsoft.com/ithome/resource/exchange/misc/default.htm#c

 Launcher Custom Action and ExPrint
This sample has two parts. The first part, Launcher, is a custom action .dll
for your Inbox Assistant. When a message arrives that meets the conditions
for an Inbox rule, Launcher starts an executable and hands it the incoming
message's ID on the command line. This allows you to develop programs in
Visual Basic (or another language) that automatically perform actions on
incoming messages. Launcher is built in VC++ and is a modified version of
the crarun project included in the Exchange SDK.

The second part, ExPrint.exe, is an example executable that prints the
contents of any message that meets the conditions of an Inbox rule. In this
sample, Launcher starts ExPrint and hands it the message ID of the incoming
message.