Incoming mail problem

Post by Stev » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 05:09:42

We are running Exchange 5.5 on Win 2k server.  From time
to time, incoming mail from outside our LAN does not get
delivered.  The sender receives an undeliverable message.
Stopping and starting the Exchange Internet Mail Service
corrects the problem temporarily but I would really like
to figure out what is causing this.  Thanks for any
suggestions.

Incoming mail problem

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:12:45

Quote:>We are running Exchange 5.5 on Win 2k server.  From time
>to time, incoming mail from outside our LAN does not get
>delivered.  The sender receives an undeliverable message.
>Stopping and starting the Exchange Internet Mail Service
>corrects the problem temporarily but I would really like
>to figure out what is causing this.  Thanks for any
>suggestions.

And the NDR says?

--
Chris Scharff MVP-Exchange, MCSE
The Mail Resource Center

Incoming mail problem

Post by Stev » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:35:13

I don't have the exact text but it states either the

valid recipients.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:09:42 -0700, "Steve"

>>We are running Exchange 5.5 on Win 2k server.  From time
>>to time, incoming mail from outside our LAN does not get
>>delivered.  The sender receives an undeliverable
message.
>>Stopping and starting the Exchange Internet Mail Service
>>corrects the problem temporarily but I would really like
>>to figure out what is causing this.  Thanks for any
>>suggestions.

>And the NDR says?

>--
>Chris Scharff MVP-Exchange, MCSE
>The Mail Resource Center
>http://www.mail-resources.com
>Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
>.

Incoming mail problem

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:38:14

>I don't have the exact text but it states either the

>valid recipients.

The exact text would be helpful, but the paraphrased text provided
does not sound like an Exchange server generated error.

--
Chris Scharff MVP-Exchange, MCSE
The Mail Resource Center
http://www.mail-resources.com
Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

1. incoming mail problem

We have built a windows 2000 Exchange server using POPcon (by
Christensen-software)to retrieve POP3 email from the ISP. The problem
occurs when we retrieve mail from the ISP, mail appears to be forwarded

We have set up a domain called companyname.co.uk with a prewindows 2000
domain of companyname.

A non-delivery is returned to all senders whilst some receipients
receive the mail and others don't.

Can anyone please advise why companyname.co.uk is appearing before the
username.

Mark

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Allow Selective IP's to relay

3. Incoming mail problem

4. Installing second postoffice?

5. .edb files and purged log files

6. Incoming Mail Problems

7. Excel sheets inside any message disappear

8. Remote site incoming mail problem

9. incoming mail problem

10. Pop 3 incoming mail problem

11. incoming mail problem