saving incoming AND outgoing mail

Post by RL Harcot » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi there - I need to setup a scenario where we save all copies of incoming
AND outgoing mail from the exchange 5.5 server.  Can anyone tell me how to
do this?  I've looked everywhere I can find and I'm still not getting it.

I want to be able to do this server side rather than client side - can this
be done?  And if so how please?

Thanks in advance

Robyn

saving incoming AND outgoing mail

Post by David Brickne » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Enable message logging on the Diagnostics logging tab of your IMS. That
captures mail going to and from that Internet mail connection. It does not
track internal usage.

If you want all mail copied, even internal, you need message journaling.
Which comes with SP1 or higher.

Quote:> Hi there - I need to setup a scenario where we save all copies of incoming
> AND outgoing mail from the exchange 5.5 server.  Can anyone tell me how to
> do this?  I've looked everywhere I can find and I'm still not getting it.

> I want to be able to do this server side rather than client side - can
this
> be done?  And if so how please?

> Thanks in advance

> Robyn

saving incoming AND outgoing mail

Post by Robyn L. Harcot » Sun, 03 Sep 2000 06:02:43

Thanks David - I installed the Message Journalling (it was surprisingly
easy) and is working exactly the way the boss was expecting.

Robyn