IMS as site connector via linux relay

Post by roni.. » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to set up two exchange site and connect them over IMS. The sites
receive email using a linux mail relay. On the exchange servers I have
popbeamer running which downloads the messages from the linux and sends to
the exchange recipients. My problem is that after I have connected the sites
and set the linux relays as Site Connector's address I keep getting NDR
messages in the admin's mailbox for IMCEAEX adresses. It seems that every
time I send a message from one site to the other the message is sent with two
email addresses: SMTP address and IMCEAEX address. When I look in popbeamer's
log I see entries of the message arriving from the other site and popbeamer
tries to deliver it to the ESMTP (exchange smtp) server using both addresses.
The log shows that the ESMTP server accepts both addresses, but still I get
NDR for the IMCEAEX address. Can anyone help me on these?

Thanks,
    Roni Ziv

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Relaying via the IMS

Hi

We have implemented routing restrictions on our IMS to prevent the Exchange
server from being used as a relay host.
Works like a dream.
Here's our problem...
We do not allow all our users to send email via the IMS, restricted to
certain users.
Some "bright" users have found that they can still send email via the IMS if
the send directly to SMTP port 25, which allows them access as they have
authenticated in the allowed domain, most of these users use Outlook
Express.

Is there a way to restrict "unauthorised internal email relaying".

TIA

Darrel

2. No outside email recieved on my exch. server

3. Outlook Web Access problem

4. Exchange Site IMS to Site IMS connection not using the internet

5. E2K resource kit?

6. Exchange 5.5: connecting multiple sites using IMS, or via Internet HELP

7. stopping outbound email

8. Connecting Exchange 5.5 and 2000 sites via IMS

9. Connecting Exchange Sites via IMS, restricting Internet E-mail

10. Connecting Exchange Sites via IMS

11. Connecting Exchange Sites via IMS, restricting Internet E-mail

12. Connecting two sites via the IMS