Outlook XP up against Exchange 2000 SP2

Post by Dennis Pederse » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:53:46

Hi,
I have a setup where i Terminal Server running Windows 2000 (with all the
avalible patches) and ontop of this i have Office XP.
For some users on the Terminal Server the Outlook connect the first time and
no problems, but for other users Outlook displays the message about the
Exchange is not avalible, after a hitting the retry button sometimes it
finds the Exchange , and sometimes it does'nt.
The Terminal Server has i host file the points out the Exchange server.
Office XP has SP1 installed as well. The event viewer on the Terminal Server
and the Exchange server does'nt say anything about any errors.
Anyone got a hint?

Regards,
Dennis

Outlook XP up against Exchange 2000 SP2

Post by Lanwenc » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:04:28

I'd try posting this in a terminal server group.

Quote:> Hi,
> I have a setup where i Terminal Server running Windows 2000 (with all the
> avalible patches) and ontop of this i have Office XP.
> For some users on the Terminal Server the Outlook connect the first time
and
> no problems, but for other users Outlook displays the message about the
> Exchange is not avalible, after a hitting the retry button sometimes it
> finds the Exchange , and sometimes it does'nt.
> The Terminal Server has i host file the points out the Exchange server.
> Office XP has SP1 installed as well. The event viewer on the Terminal
Server
> and the Exchange server does'nt say anything about any errors.
> Anyone got a hint?

> Regards,
> Dennis

1. Windows XP - Outlook XP logon error to Exchange 2000 SP2

We have a client that is connecting via a Cisco VPN to our
HQ office. The VPN client seems to be working fine, I can
ping and resolve the Exchange server and see the client's
IP on the Exchange server with a NETSTAT command. However
when the client opens Outlook XP they are prompted for
username, password & Domain as usual however, they enter
it once then are prompted a second time, then are given
the following error message:

"Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username
and domain, then type your password again. If your account
is new or if your administrator requested a password
change your will need to click Change Password then logon
with your new password."

Can anyone help? I have logged on locally to this account
and the user can connect fine using OWA, so the username,
password and domain are fine.

Any help is much appreciated,
Frank Mirecki

2. Accessing data from multiple .NET applications

3. Slow searches against contacts in Echange 2000-SP2

4. Routing Slips

5. windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000

6. Archive a Public Folder

7. Exchange 2000, Outlook XP on Windows XP hangs

8. Slowly going bananses from Exchange 5.5

9. Rules running on Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP

10. Keep track of sent items (Exchange 2000 Outlook 2000/XP)

11. Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2000 / XP Home

12. Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2000 and Windows XP Home Edition

13. Exchange 2000/SP2 and Outlook 2000