Can't talk to exchange Server

Post by Paul Leblec » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I configured exchange behind MS proxy 2.0. and can telnet into port 25
of my proxy server. It connects and tells me it is an exchange server
5.5 however i can't talk to it. I cannot type the hello message is
article 181420. The keyboard dosen't work after i am connected. This is
what i get

220 infoserv-3.infocastinc.com ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet
Mail Se
rvice 5.5.2650.21) ready

Thanks.

Can't talk to exchange Server

Post by Jeffre » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Make sure local echo is checked in the the telnet client.  Terminal |
Preferences - local echo

--
Later,
Jeffrey

Quote:> I configured exchange behind MS proxy 2.0. and can telnet into port 25
> of my proxy server. It connects and tells me it is an exchange server
> 5.5 however i can't talk to it. I cannot type the hello message is
> article 181420. The keyboard dosen't work after i am connected. This is
> what i get

> 220 infoserv-3.infocastinc.com ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet
> Mail Se
> rvice 5.5.2650.21) ready

> Thanks.

Can't talk to exchange Server

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:30:14

Click Start/Run, type
telnet
and click OK. In "Terminal" menu click Preferences. Put checkmark next to
Local Echo. Then initiate your session on port 25.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

1. Exchange Talking to our ISP's server?

I work at a school where we have nearly 800 users. I installed Exchange 2000
which seems to be working just fine.  Last week I had to talk to our ISP
about another issue and he made the comment that we are the only school that
pulls the e-mail down whereas most all other schools he pushes the email to
their servers.  Apparently there is some difference and he suggests that we
change to the push system. So my question is...

Is there a website that will describe how to change over from a pull down
system to a push from the ISP system?

When I installed I just followed the wizards and information I got from
websites and newsgroups so I am a bit in the dark about how it should be
done and the differences in push and pull.  I know we had to purchase a
connection program to get the e-mail from the ISP's server (Igetmail).  Will
I still need this if we change over?  What are the benefits of the ISP
pushing as against us pulling the e-mail.  Sorry if this terminology is
wrong, I am just repeating what he said to me.  Apparently if he changes his
server we may experience difficulties with our e-mail unless we change to
his push system.

When I asked him how to do this he said they are not consultants and he
couldn't help except when we reconfigure I will have to inform him so he can
change some settings at his end.

Any Comments please?

Thanks
Edd

2. Remote Dial in

3. Clients don't talk to 5.5 server ?

4. Immediate of Urgent Mail

5. max message size

6. HIDDEN USER

7. Exchange Server No Longer Talks To UNIX Servers

8. Can't talk to my custom VB control on form

9. Canned Exchange Quota Messages and how to change