Mail Keeps getting Re-Delivered if left in INBOX

Mail Keeps getting Re-Delivered if left in INBOX

Post by Steve Venic » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I just added the IMC to our Exchange server, everything seemed to be fine,
but then users started to have any mail sitting in their INBOX re-delivered,
with the current date. The old mail would then be removed, so only the newly
delivered shows... What is happening?

Thanks,

- Steve -

Mail Keeps getting Re-Delivered if left in INBOX

Post by Steve Venic » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I had figured it out and just came back online to post my results.
Eventhough I didn't get to see your response first, you were absolutely
correct!!!!
The way we used to be set up, I had the clients setup with the Internet
mail service, so Exchange would pull their mail off our UNIX server. The
thing that threw me though was I had one user who did not have this
problem, and he had the Internet mail service just like the rest of the
users! That still puzzles me??

Thanks again Rich!! Feedback like yours is what makes these newsgroups
work....

Much appreciated!

- Steve -

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I just added the IMC to our Exchange server, everything seemed to be fine,
>but then users started to have any mail sitting in their INBOX re-delivered,
>with the current date. The old mail would then be removed, so only the newly
>delivered shows... What is happening?

Did you add the Internet Mail service to the client profiles? You
don't need it if Exchange is delivering your Internet mail. If you do
have it installed it's probably configured to use Exchange as the POP3
server. Having two MAPI providers pointing to the same Information
Store is the cause of your problem. Remove the Internet Mail service
from the users profile.

Mail Keeps getting Re-Delivered if left in INBOX

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>The way we used to be set up, I had the clients setup with the Internet
>mail service, so Exchange would pull their mail off our UNIX server. The
>thing that threw me though was I had one user who did not have this
>problem, and he had the Internet mail service just like the rest of the
>users! That still puzzles me??

Did he have the MS Exchange service's "Delivery" set for "Personal
Folders" or "Mailbox - <user name>"? I'll bet the guys with the
problem all used "Personal Folders" and this guy didn't.

Mail Keeps getting Re-Delivered if left in INBOX

Post by Steve Venic » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Actually it's the opposite, the one that worked was set up for personal
folders, and everyone else was setup for <user name>"

> Did he have the MS Exchange service's "Delivery" set for "Personal
> Folders" or "Mailbox - <user name>"? I'll bet the guys with the
> problem all used "Personal Folders" and this guy didn't.

> Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
> Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

Mail Keeps getting Re-Delivered if left in INBOX

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>Actually it's the opposite, the one that worked was set up for personal
>folders, and everyone else was setup for <user name>"

You're right, of course. I had it backwards. It wouldn't be the first
time I lost a bet, though!

1. Exchange redelivering mail left in INBOX

I just re-configured our IMC to have exchange handle Internet mail. When I
removed DNS from all clients, everything seemed to be working fine. I was
wrong...It seems that any client that has mail in their INBOX, has it
re-delivered repeatedly. It then removes the old copy of the message,
leaving the new one with the current date. What is happening???

- Steve -

2. Admin rights

3. Exchange re-delivering mail left in INBOX

4. Services Failing

5. Outlook 2k Calendar freeze

6. Exchange Re-delivering mail left in INBOX

7. 1 * EDJrccgWm-To Subscribe to another Exchange Server using NewsF eed

8. Exchange re-delivering mail left in INBOX

9. Messages keep getting deleted from inbox

10. New Mail Not Showing Up Until User leaves Inbox

11. Question: Keep getting an email from: Mail System Internal Data

12. Recipients keep getting the same e-mail over and over