Active server page problem...

Post by Gerald Stowe » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

My environment:
Server: Exhchange Server 5 sp1, NT4 sp3, IIS3, active server pages
Client: Win95a with IE4

My Problem:
When ever I access my Outlook active server pages, everything works fine
but I cannot send more than one NEW message.  I can reply to as many
messages as I want, but I can only create and send one new message.  All
new messages after 1 get a "Failed to send message" error.

Even if I log out and then back in I cannot send more new messages.  Only
if I log out, close IE, re-open IE, and re-log in can I send more new
messages.  And it is still only one, then I must close IE again.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.

TIA,
--
Gerald Stowers
Dial-A-Check Payroll Services, Inc.

Active server page problem...

Post by Dorthe Stan » Fri, 21 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Have you reached your mailbox size limit? Are you able to send a message
eg. from  an Exchange client?

Dorthe Stang
MCSE, Digital Equipment Corporation
Norway

> My environment:
> Server: Exhchange Server 5 sp1, NT4 sp3, IIS3, active server pages
> Client: Win95a with IE4

> My Problem:
> When ever I access my Outlook active server pages, everything works fine
> but I cannot send more than one NEW message.  I can reply to as many
> messages as I want, but I can only create and send one new message.  All
> new messages after 1 get a "Failed to send message" error.

> Even if I log out and then back in I cannot send more new messages.  Only
> if I log out, close IE, re-open IE, and re-log in can I send more new
> messages.  And it is still only one, then I must close IE again.

> Any help or advice would be appriciated.

> TIA,
> --
> Gerald Stowers
> Dial-A-Check Payroll Services, Inc.
> San Antonio, TX

Active server page problem...

Post by Gerald Stowe » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Have you reached your mailbox size limit? Are you able to send a message
> eg. from  an Exchange client?

> Dorthe Stang
> MCSE, Digital Equipment Corporation
> Norway

> > My environment:
> > Server: Exhchange Server 5 sp1, NT4 sp3, IIS3, active server pages
> > Client: Win95a with IE4

> > My Problem:
> > When ever I access my Outlook active server pages, everything works fine
> > but I cannot send more than one NEW message.  I can reply to as many
> > messages as I want, but I can only create and send one new message.  All
> > new messages after 1 get a "Failed to send message" error.

> > Even if I log out and then back in I cannot send more new messages.  Only
> > if I log out, close IE, re-open IE, and re-log in can I send more new
> > messages.  And it is still only one, then I must close IE again.

> > Any help or advice would be appriciated.

> > TIA,
> > --
> > Gerald Stowers
> > Dial-A-Check Payroll Services, Inc.
> > San Antonio, TX

It is a relatively new and small system, so I have not reached my mail
box size limit.  All my Exchange and Outlook (LAN) clients work fine.

Gerald Stowers
Dial-A-Check Payroll Services, Inc.
San Antonio, TX

Active server page problem...

Post by Gerald Stowe » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> I met the same problem on the same environment with you.
> I think that is a bug of IE4 or Exchange 5.0 Outlook Web Access.
> And I heard that IE4.0 does not completely support Exchange 5.0 (Outlook Web
> Access),
> But IE3.02  works well.

That was it!  They work great with IE3, but very poorly with IE4.    It
figures that a Microsoft product kills another Microsoft product,
especially since nearly half of my company already roled out IE4.  Have
you heard of a fix (or plans of one) for this?

Thanks for the info.
--
Gerald Stowers
Dial-A-Check Payroll Services, Inc.
San Antonio, TX

1. Active Server Pages Problem - Help Needed !

Back Ground Info....

We have an exchange 5 server on our site acting as a bridgehead for all our
remote sites. The connectors and replicators for all remote sites point back
to the exchange server on this site.

The exchange server on our site has the only SMTP stack actice and all net
email comes to my server and is delivered to the remote location using the
exchange delivery mechanisms. The DNS for all sites is done by our ISP and
all MX records for all sites get resolved to our exchange server. Trust
relationships exists between remote domains and ours, and all Exchange
services run as a common service account.

We have installed IIS and active server pages on my exchange server and I am
now able to read my email using a web browser both on the internal LAN and
ANY net enabled computer.

BUT......

Users from my remote sites are unable to get their email using the ASP
method, the error returned after the alias and username, password etc  has
been entered is.... unable to return mailbox....remote site has IIS and
active server pages running and internally we can read emails using a web
browser.

Is ASP capable of talking to other exchange servers conneted to the exchange
server it is running on ? If so what are we doing wrong ?

We have even used the email address to log as suggested my MS but still no
joy....

Any suggestions please !!

Regards

Robert

2. Can Exchange 4.0,5.0,5.5 coexist in diff. sites?

3. Active server page problem...

4. 5.5 -> 2003, possible?

5. Customizing Outlook Web Acess' Default Page

6. Disable preview pane

7. Active Server Page problem - not installing

8. Read Address Book Properties from Active Server Pages (ASP) Page with VBScript

9. Setting the Sender using Active Messaging objects in VBScript in Active Server Pages

10. Active Messaging and Active Server Pages