backup store

Post by andre » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:00:57

As long as you can get a clean copy of those EDB and STM
files, you should be able to write them over a newly
created stores edb and stm.  You will most likely have to
use eseutil to clean them up and get them ready to mount.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hi'y all,

>I want to back up the information store, reinstall

Exchange and then restore
Quote:>the information store from the backup and remount it. the
exchange server
>configuration will be exactly the same as it was

originally (same domain,
Quote:>same server name, same users, e-mail addresses etc.)

>I can't use the Windows 2000 backup utility to do an

actual exchange backup
Quote:>because currently Exchange won't start and therefore
Exchange is not
>available to be backed up in the Windows backup. I can
only make a manual
>backup of the database files themselves (priv and pub)

>is there any reason why this should not work????

>TIA

>eddiec :-)

>.

backup store

Post by Edward Chal » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:44:43

> As long as you can get a clean copy of those EDB and STM
> files, you should be able to write them over a newly
> created stores edb and stm.  You will most likely have to
> use eseutil to clean them up and get them ready to mount.

thanks :-)

1. backup store

I was just looking into my backup job using ntbackup and noticed that the m:
drive which contains the first storage group says access denied for me
except for the administrator mailbox, will backup also not be able to read
this information, do I need to set permissions somewhere.  I also am backing
up the files in the exchange folder also, But i read i need to backup the
online store also.

2. restore single mailboxes possible?

3. Info Store Backup vs Brick Level Backup with Arcserve Exchange

4. Outbound internet mail

5. Backup Exec 8.5 unable to backup Exchange Mailbox Store

6. Exchange Internet Email Virus Protection

7. Mail Store backup problem, NTbackup

8. restore exchange db

9. Mail store backup problem NTBACKUP

10. Backup of Information Store Crashes Server

11. How to backup Exchange2000's data store?

12. backup exchange 2000/information store

13. Extract files from Backup of Information store