PROBLEM : installing a seccond exchange server

PROBLEM : installing a seccond exchange server

Post by Titeuni » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 05:49:10

Hi,

We have a nt4 domain with an exchange 5.5 server
We also have a windows2000 AD domain.
In this 2000 domain we want to put a second exchange server5.5
Everthing goes well untill the end of the installation.
I get error message :
An internal error has accoured during directory replication
stop and start the directory service
then try directory replication again.
Microsoft exchange server setup
ID c1030b0d

I have given the nt4 service account the built in administrtor right in AD.

I have no clue were to look now, do you ?

Titeunic

PROBLEM : installing a seccond exchange server

Post by Titeuni » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 05:59:16

The eventlog writes :

7001 cannot find the file specified

but it says not which file !
And due this error i get also messages that the other services cant start.

Titeunic

Quote:> Hi,

Use FileMon from www.sysinternals.com to find out.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

PROBLEM : installing a seccond exchange server

XADM: Directory Replication Fails, Event 1124 Error Displayed [Q185616]

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

PROBLEM : installing a seccond exchange server

Post by Mark » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 06:26:24

Make sure you can ping the old server by name from the new server. If not,
create an LMHOSTS file with that entry, or use DNS.

Quote:> Hi,

> We have a nt4 domain with an exchange 5.5 server
> We also have a windows2000 AD domain.
> In this 2000 domain we want to put a second exchange server5.5
> Everthing goes well untill the end of the installation.
> I get error message :
> An internal error has accoured during directory replication
> stop and start the directory service
> then try directory replication again.
> Microsoft exchange server setup
> ID c1030b0d

> I have given the nt4 service account the built in administrtor right in
AD.

> I have no clue were to look now, do you ?

> Titeunic

1. Exchange Server 5.0 and Active Server Pages Re-Install/Install

All,

When we first installed Exchange Server 5.0 (Jan 97), we had installed the
Active Server Pages support, and all worked correctly.

As some point (long ago.. no one remembers exactly) the Active Server Pages
stopped working...  (not that we were too concerned).

Yesterday, the mood struct me to see if I could get the Pages working
again...  My first thought was to re-run the Exchange Setup and remove the
Active Server pages (and then re-install them).  The remove worked without
incident.

But now, when I try and install the Active Server Pages, the install stops
and complains that I need IIS and Active Server Pages support installed.
But I DO have IIS installed (from the NT 4 Option Pack) and along with ASP
(since my Web Site uses them)!

The re-install will not proceed!

How can I get around this seemingly stupid situation?

Thanks in advance.

Sean

2. Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Server & Exchange 2000 IMC Server

3. Exchange 2000 install problems - Exchange Server Setup Progress.log (0/1)

4. Moving Server

5. Problems installing 2nd Exchange 2000 server

6. Remote USers

7. Problems installing a 2nd Exchange server

8. Delivery to the following recipient failed!!!!

9. authentication problem when installing remote services on exchange 5.5 server

10. Microsoft Exchange 5.5 Install Setup Problem C103798a on Windows 2000 Server, Win2k, Exch55

11. Problems installing SP3 on Exchange Server 5.5

12. Thorny problem - Exchange 5.0 doesn't allow Active Server Pages to be installed

13. Problems with newly installed Exchange server