LDAP search based on Organization unit

Post by Moroz » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 02:05:02

Hi all,
I'm trying to create address lists based on the
organization units in AD. What I need is to have users
listed only from the specified organization unit. But I
can't build ldap search on distinguished name or
canonicalName attributes - it returns 0 records or error
if I put "*" in the query.
I've also found an attribute called "msExchSearchBase" in
the Address list object but it seems like Exchange ignores
it when searching through AD.
Have anyone tried that before?

Morozz.

LDAP search based on Organization unit

Post by Carlos Dinapoli [arg » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 02:45:55

Check in www.microsoft.com/isn here several White papers
of Exchange for ASP Model.

Regards

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi all,
>I'm trying to create address lists based on the
>organization units in AD. What I need is to have users
>listed only from the specified organization unit. But I
>can't build ldap search on distinguished name or
>canonicalName attributes - it returns 0 records or error
>if I put "*" in the query.
>I've also found an attribute called "msExchSearchBase" in
>the Address list object but it seems like Exchange ignores
>it when searching through AD.
>Have anyone tried that before?

>Morozz.
>.

LDAP search based on Organization unit

Post by Moroz » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:02:41

Carlos, sorry, I can't find anything reg. my particular
problem. Can you send a url to me, please?
Morozz

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Check in www.microsoft.com/isn here several White papers
>of Exchange for ASP Model.

>Regards

1. Address Lists Custom Search LDAP Base object

Hi all,

i try to define a LDAP query that generates a address
list with all email-enabled contacts in a specific OU.

Searching by objectClass (contacts) and email-enabled
(mailNickName) is quite easey. However, is there a way to
define the Base DN of that LDAP query to return only
contacts in a specific OU? Or is it possible to filter
contacts from a specific OU by the distinguishedName
(where the OU is part of)?

Regards Matthias

2. Interforest Free/Busy

3. LDAP Search Base puzzle: Adobe Messenger

4. News and Exchange 5

5. Argh: Adobe Messenger : LDAP search base?

6. Files in user profile related to Exchange account

7. LDAP Search Base for NON-MS Clients for access to the GAL

8. Cut mail when sending

9. LDAP Search Base for Mail Clients

10. Address list based on Organizational unit

11. Exchange2000 Adress List based on OU (Organizational Unit)

12. Recipient Policies for Organization Unit.

13. Migration of Microsoft Exchange Organization and Organizational Unit