Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

Post by <readn.. » Mon, 20 May 2002 09:28:38

I know that I can't install the Management tools from the Exchange
2000 cd on my WinXP pro (my laptop). I installed the Beta3 adminpak
that i downloaded from Microsoft, but I still need the Exchange
tools. I know the knowledge base says I should just user terminal
server to connect to one that has tools loaded. Is there a 3rd
party software that I can use?

Thanks in advance!

Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

Post by AI » Mon, 20 May 2002 15:04:30

Hello,

Please see if http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm helps.

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

> I know that I can't install the Management tools from the Exchange
> 2000 cd on my WinXP pro (my laptop). I installed the Beta3 adminpak
> that i downloaded from Microsoft, but I still need the Exchange
> tools. I know the knowledge base says I should just user terminal
> server to connect to one that has tools loaded. Is there a 3rd
> party software that I can use?

> Thanks in advance!

Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

Post by Ronen Gabba » Tue, 21 May 2002 01:19:00

I have seen this answer somewhere in the newsgroup

I've successfully used the following process to accomplish your goals:

1. Install the Win2k SP2 Adminpak on my Windows XP system
2. Install the Exchange System Manager
3. Install Exchange 2000 SP2 update
4. Uninstall the Win2k SP2 Adminpak
5. Install the .NET Server Beta 3 Adminpak

I hope this helps

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

> I know that I can't install the Management tools from the Exchange
> 2000 cd on my WinXP pro (my laptop). I installed the Beta3 adminpak
> that i downloaded from Microsoft, but I still need the Exchange
> tools. I know the knowledge base says I should just user terminal
> server to connect to one that has tools loaded. Is there a 3rd
> party software that I can use?

> Thanks in advance!

Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

Post by <readn.. » Tue, 21 May 2002 13:42:39

I have archiving enabled to archive mail, and it works fine but it
doesn't archive any mail when a user sends using OWA. Is it
possible to archive those also? How about if someone just uses, my
exchange smtp to send out mail like using Outlook Express.

Thanks in advance.

Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

Post by <readn.. » Tue, 21 May 2002 14:16:37

I never get passed the Exchange System Manager installation part, it gives
me an error saying:

Setup failed whiel installing sub-component Exchange System Management
Snap-ins with error code 0xc1037989

> I have seen this answer somewhere in the newsgroup

> I've successfully used the following process to accomplish your goals:

> 1. Install the Win2k SP2 Adminpak on my Windows XP system
> 2. Install the Exchange System Manager
> 3. Install Exchange 2000 SP2 update
> 4. Uninstall the Win2k SP2 Adminpak
> 5. Install the .NET Server Beta 3 Adminpak

> I hope this helps

> --
> Please do not send email directly to this alias.

> Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
> Hi-Tech College
> ISRAEL

Quote:> > I know that I can't install the Management tools from the Exchange
> > 2000 cd on my WinXP pro (my laptop). I installed the Beta3 adminpak
> > that i downloaded from Microsoft, but I still need the Exchange
> > tools. I know the knowledge base says I should just user terminal
> > server to connect to one that has tools loaded. Is there a 3rd
> > party software that I can use?

> > Thanks in advance!

Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

Post by Lanwenc » Tue, 21 May 2002 23:53:13

I'm presuming this was supposed to be a fresh post -
Are you talking about Outlook's autoarchive feature? That runs only
in.....Outlook.

> I have archiving enabled to archive mail, and it works fine but it
> doesn't archive any mail when a user sends using OWA. Is it
> possible to archive those also? How about if someone just uses, my
> exchange smtp to send out mail like using Outlook Express.

> Thanks in advance.

Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

Post by <readn.. » Wed, 22 May 2002 08:22:03

finally got it installed after a dozen tries... thanks all the help :)

> I never get passed the Exchange System Manager installation part, it gives
> me an error saying:

> Setup failed whiel installing sub-component Exchange System Management
> Snap-ins with error code 0xc1037989

> > I have seen this answer somewhere in the newsgroup

> > I've successfully used the following process to accomplish your goals:

> > 1. Install the Win2k SP2 Adminpak on my Windows XP system
> > 2. Install the Exchange System Manager
> > 3. Install Exchange 2000 SP2 update
> > 4. Uninstall the Win2k SP2 Adminpak
> > 5. Install the .NET Server Beta 3 Adminpak

> > I hope this helps

> > --
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias.

rights

> > Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
> > Hi-Tech College
> > ISRAEL

> > > I know that I can't install the Management tools from the Exchange
> > > 2000 cd on my WinXP pro (my laptop). I installed the Beta3 adminpak
> > > that i downloaded from Microsoft, but I still need the Exchange
> > > tools. I know the knowledge base says I should just user terminal
> > > server to connect to one that has tools loaded. Is there a 3rd
> > > party software that I can use?

> > > Thanks in advance!

1. Managing Exchange 2000 with Windows XP

I know that I can't install the Management tools from the Exchange
2000 cd on my WinXP pro (my laptop). I installed the Beta3 adminpak
that i downloaded from Microsoft, but I still need the Exchange
tools. I know the knowledge base says I should just user terminal
server to connect to one that has tools loaded. Is there a 3rd
party software that I can use?

Thanks in advance!

2. exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

3. Copy attachments

4. Global Address List Replication

5. Windows XP - Outlook XP logon error to Exchange 2000 SP2

6. Autoforwarding public folders to an internet email address

7. windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000

8. Exchange 2000, Outlook XP on Windows XP hangs

9. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows XP/Office XP Connectivity Problem

10. Windows XP, Office XP & Server 2000

11. Managing Exchange 2000 server from XP Pro