log file size and names of log files

Post by aaaa » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:36:34

I have exchange 5.5 server. The circular logging is turned on.
I see variable log files sizes and also names of log files starts from
letter s.....log
Is this something usual or unusual ?

log file size and names of log files

Post by James Burrage [MSFT » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 03:38:17

The Logfiles for the databases should start off with edb and end with .log.
The log file sizes should all be 5MB in size. An example would be
edb00013.log. The logfiles are numbered in hexadecimal format.

I'm not sure where the logfiles that you are talking about are coming from.
Could you let me know what directories they are located at? Also, a few
example file names would help also.

Have a good day.

--
James Burrage

Quote:> I have exchange 5.5 server. The circular logging is turned on.
> I see variable log files sizes and also names of log files starts from
> letter s.....log
> Is this something usual or unusual ?

1. Log Files (E0000001.log) exploding

Hello everybody
I know that until i do an online backup, i get logfiles starting with
E0000001.log, E0000002.log and so on. In the past, i got a few
logfiles per day. But all of a sudden, my Exchange Server produces a
new logfile every 10 seconds! To prevent my disk from getting complete
full, i turned on circular logging. Did anyone see this behaviour
already and can explain why this happens ?

Configuration:
Windows 2000 Small Business Server, Service Pack 2
Exchange Server 2000 (from Small Businiess Server), no Service Pack
applied
20 User

Thank you

2. Mail Merge to Word 97?

3. Urgent Exchange.log log files huge

4. default Bcc all outgoing mail

5. Urgent Exchange.log huge log files

6. Exchange memory calculation

7. Log file analysis for Exchange tracking logs

8. outbound msg with originator of <>?

9. Log File DBAXCH62.LOG

10. dlvxxx.log and sndxxx.log files

11. Circular Logging and log files

12. L0000000.log files imcdata\log directory

13. edb.log files are logging 20MB daily and filling up my drive