Replicating Private information stores on multiple servers in the same site

Replicating Private information stores on multiple servers in the same site

Post by Tom » Wed, 26 Nov 1997 04:00:00

        Does any one know if/how you can  replicate mailbox private
information stores (NOT public) across multiple servers in the SAME
site? All of the documentation goes into detail about replicating
across servers in different sites and only public information stores.

-Aggrivated with MS documentation

Post by Rich Matheis » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>    Does any one know if/how you can  replicate mailbox private
>information stores (NOT public) across multiple servers in the SAME
>site? All of the documentation goes into detail about replicating
>across servers in different sites and only public information stores.

>-Aggrivated with MS documentation

There's no reason to be aggravated with MS documentation. What you
want to do cannot be done. A mailbox has a home server and no
replicas.

There are fail-over software/hardware (Vinca, Octopus and MS Wolfpack,
for instance) and fail-out hardware products (Marathon Technologies
"Endurance 4000") that provide this level of fault recovery and fault
tolerance.

Replicating Private information stores on multiple servers in the same site

Post by Brent Denn » Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Have you tried setting up inbox rules to autocopy the messages as soon as
they hit the inbox on the server??

Setting up inbox assistant rules is done on the client, but what you are in
fact doing is telling the server what to do, just be careful of the delete
rule..

1. Private Information Store on multiple servers.

We have the following situation.

1 site
2 Exchange Servers : Server 1 Exchange 5.0 SP2
                                Server 2 Exchange 5.5 SP1

When we move users from server1 to server 2 with the admin move mailbox
utility, the mailbox is correctly moved.

However, we have moved around 2 Gb of mailboxes and the private information
store remains 8 Mb.

I know Exchange 5.5 has a very good compression mechanism and keeps multiple
messages only ones on the server, but this is to good I think.

Is there anybody with the same problem?

2. cc:Mail migration

3. Replicating Private Information Store

4. How to create an Exchange connector

5. Replicating the Private Information Store

6. Forwarding e-mail messages

7. Replicating Private Information Store

8. Help!!

9. Multiple logons in Private Information Store

10. DESPERATE: MULTIPLE Logons-Private Information Store

11. MULTIPLE LOGONS - Private Information Store

12. Replicating private stores between 2 servers

13. How can i get mailbox resources information from private information store