Deleted Mailbox?

Post by DaPostma » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:59:12

User reported she cannot get into her mailbox.  After
looking in recepients I have noticed that her mailbox is
no longer there.  What can I do to track down what
happened?  Her domain account is still active but her
mailbox is missing.  Can I tell id someone deleted it,
moved it, or hiding it elsewhere?

Deleted Mailbox?

Post by <kgre.. » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:42:14

If it's hidden, you should be able to find it. Start
Exchange Administrator and click View / Hidden Recipients.
If it's been deleted, you're outta luck without restoring
from backup. How many people have access to Exchange
Administrator? That would be the only way to delete an
entire mailbox?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>User reported she cannot get into her mailbox.  After
>looking in recepients I have noticed that her mailbox is
>no longer there.  What can I do to track down what
>happened?  Her domain account is still active but her
>mailbox is missing.  Can I tell id someone deleted it,
>moved it, or hiding it elsewhere?
>.

Deleted Mailbox?

Post by DaPostma » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 22:34:04

I can't beleive Exchange doesnt log anywhere that a
mailbox has been deleted.  It does when you move an
account, why not on deletion?

Also I did check Hidden and it was there.  Restoring isn't
a problem, trying to explain the unexplained is. What do I
tell I use , your account was deleted, but I cant tell you
by who, where or where.  HOPE YOUR LISTENING MS.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>If it's hidden, you should be able to find it. Start
>Exchange Administrator and click View / Hidden
Recipients.
>If it's been deleted, you're outta luck without restoring
>from backup. How many people have access to Exchange
>Administrator? That would be the only way to delete an
>entire mailbox?

Deleted Mailbox?

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 01:10:35

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 7:34:04 -0600, DaPostman wrote

Quote:> HOPE YOUR LISTENING MS.

It's Exchange 5.5 which is no longer under active development, even if they
were listening, it's not likely they do much.

--
Chris Scharff
The Mail Resource Center