Undeliverable Messages

Post by Curt G » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

We are running Exchange 5.5 with one central site using DNS and 2 other
sites connected through the IMS and they are set to forward all messages to
the central site.  Directory Replication is working fine between all the
sites and we haven't had any problems until the beginning of this week.
When anyone tries to send a message to one of the remote sites, it gets
returned as undeliverable.  The users in that remote site can send out OK,
they just can't receive e-mail from anyone outside of their site.

The error message is "Unable to deliver the message due to a communications
failure..... Too Many Hops"

To my knowledge, nothing has changed with the configuration.  The server did
go down and they had to re-boot it on Monday and ever since then we've had
this problem.  I am at a complete loss so any help on where to look would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Curt

Undeliverable Messages

Post by Ed Crowle » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

When I've seen this message it's because of a misconfigured IMS Routing tab.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Quote:> We are running Exchange 5.5 with one central site using DNS and 2 other