Exch 5.5. View mailbox limits?

Post by Spie » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:28:09

Hi all,

today I was asked to produce a list of users who exceeded their mailbox
limits, and by how much.
I know how to export general mailbox data to a csv using exch.
administrator, but I can't find any way to get the limits we set on each
mailbox. Since there are 1400 + users, I'm not looking forward to manually
check them one by one.
Is there any way in exch.administrator, or a third party tool available that
can produce the overview needed?
Exchange 5.5, SP 4
Win2000 Server
Any information or tips will be very welcome!

Sjef

Exch 5.5. View mailbox limits?

Post by Susa » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:33:05

if you use "header.exe", you can create an export file that can contain the
"prohibit send storage limt" value...

Quote:> Hi all,

> today I was asked to produce a list of users who exceeded their mailbox
> limits, and by how much.
> I know how to export general mailbox data to a csv using exch.
> administrator, but I can't find any way to get the limits we set on each
> mailbox. Since there are 1400 + users, I'm not looking forward to manually
> check them one by one.
> Is there any way in exch.administrator, or a third party tool available
that
> can produce the overview needed?
> Exchange 5.5, SP 4
> Win2000 Server
> Any information or tips will be very welcome!

> Sjef

Exch 5.5. View mailbox limits?

Post by Spie » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:57:20

Thanks a million, Susan!
That's exactly what I'm looking for. You've made my day. (actually night,
it's
almost 23.00 pm here)
Sjef

Quote:> if you use "header.exe", you can create an export file that can contain
the
> "prohibit send storage limt" value...

Exch 5.5. View mailbox limits?

Post by Susa » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:47:05

late night, eh?  good luck...

> Thanks a million, Susan!
> That's exactly what I'm looking for. You've made my day. (actually night,
> it's
> almost 23.00 pm here)
> Sjef

> > if you use "header.exe", you can create an export file that can contain
> the
> > "prohibit send storage limt" value...

Exch 5.5. View mailbox limits?

Post by Hank Arnol » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:20:10

Could you describe how the command is used? TIA

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

Quote:> if you use "header.exe", you can create an export file that can contain
the
> "prohibit send storage limt" value...

Exch 5.5. View mailbox limits?

Post by Susa » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:53:18

"header.exe" is a little application that will allow you to create files
that can be used for directory exports...

> Could you describe how the command is used? TIA

> --
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold

> > if you use "header.exe", you can create an export file that can contain
> the
> > "prohibit send storage limt" value...

1. Exch 5.5 / Outlook98 Mailbox Limits issue

Here's a strange one... We have a 25mb warning, 30mb prohibit send policy
set on all user accounts. People who have received the 25mb limit warning
message from "System Administrator" are finding they cannot fully load
outlook,it hangs starting inbox with hourglass. They can sign in using OWA ,
and delete the SystemAdmin message, upon doing so, can then sign into
outlook okay.System Admin message(s) dont need to be the newest message,
just exist in the inbox...

This has only started happening in the last couple of days, Site has been
operational for around 5 months...

Anyone seen this before?

2. "POTENTIAL PROBLEMS"

3. Exch 5.5 can't see Exch 2000 Mailboxes

4. NNTP access to public folders

5. Migrating mailboxes from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003

6. Exchange client information sites?

7. Recovery of mailboxes in failed upgrade of Exch 5.5 to Exch 2K

8. NT4 SP4, Exchange 5.5 SP1 ...about to install Groupshield (Total Virus Defence)

9. Exch 5.5 to Exch 2000 User Mailbox Migration after using ADMT

10. How to Migrate Mailboxes from Stand-alone nt 4.0/Exch 5.5 to Server/Exch 2000

11. Moving Exch 5.5 Mailbox to Exch 2K

12. viewing mailbox size limits

13. Limits view to GAL Object exchange 5.5 using LDAP access