veritas supplied ntbackup and MS supplied ntbackup

veritas supplied ntbackup and MS supplied ntbackup

Post by zzzz » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 06:59:49

Are these same , do they do the same job ?
I found problem in MS supplied ntbackup.
It did not back up my log files

veritas supplied ntbackup and MS supplied ntbackup

Post by MVP » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:28:05

No they are not.  Veritas has more features and functions.  Better
management, alerts, etc.  NTbackup will backup your files but dealing with
open files will not work with NTbackup, you will need Veritas.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

Quote:> Are these same , do they do the same job ?
> I found problem in MS supplied ntbackup.
> It did not back up my log files

1. Exchange server backup with NTBackup or Veritas?

Hi,

I just changed location of my exchange database, and now it rests on another
drive, while i take a backup using veritas or ntbackup, i should select only
the information store or also the location of the edb files? logically when
i select the information store to backup it should backup my database as
well -whereever it may be located.

just to make sure.
Nida

2. Restricting send/receive to "internal" mail only

3. Logon credentials supplied were incorrect error

4. Move mailboxes between sites?

5. Asked to supply Username,Password,Domain????

6. Backing up mailboxes on Exchange 5.5

7. Exchange 2003 token supplied is invalid

8. password

9. Token supplied to the function is invalid

10. The token supplied to the function is invalid (id 80090308) Exchange system manager

11. Token supplied to function is invalid !

12. logon credentials supplied were incorrect

13. In Outlook the server complains that the logon credentials supplied were incorrect