Exchange server public mdb security violation slows server to crawl

Exchange server public mdb security violation slows server to crawl

Post by Jonathan Osborn » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am running Exchange Server on NT 3.51 with 10 - 12 users running Win95.

The server keeps slowing down to a crawl generating the following error
message to the event log:

"The user
/o=GallowayGroup/ou=Galloways/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=server/cn=Micro
soft Public MDB has caused a security violation.  Locality table [LTAB]
Index 5.  Windows NT error code [BASE IL MAIN BASE 1 237] [14]"

This error is being generated continously and my guess is that the server
is becoming disk bound writing to the event log.  Any assistance in solving
this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Osborne

Exchange server public mdb security violation slows server to crawl

Post by Dennis Brazil [MV » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

Did you change any security permissions ?

Change the nt account which the exchange services use to logon with?

>Hi,

>I am running Exchange Server on NT 3.51 with 10 - 12 users running Win95.

>The server keeps slowing down to a crawl generating the following error
>message to the event log:

>"The user
>/o=GallowayGroup/ou=Galloways/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=server/cn=Micro
>soft Public MDB has caused a security violation.  Locality table [LTAB]
>Index 5.  Windows NT error code [BASE IL MAIN BASE 1 237] [14]"

>This error is being generated continously and my guess is that the server
>is becoming disk bound writing to the event log.  Any assistance in solving
>this problem would be greatly appreciated.

>Jonathan Osborne

--------------------------
The opinions expressed in this message are my own and do
not reflect the official views of NetiQ Corporation.
--------------------------
Dennis Brazil
[Microsoft MVP, MCP-Exchange, TCP/IP]

1. Exchange slows down server to a crawl

My client is running SBS 4.5a (but without SQL or the fax
server).  This server has been running fine for almost 4
years now.  About 2 weeks ago, the Exchange server started
bogging down the system.  How do I know for sure it's the
Exchange server?  Well, when I shut down the Exchange
services, the server is fine again.  Of course, this shuts
down all email, and that just doesn't fly.

Some more details:

-P-3 400 MHz (usually running about 3%-8% load)
-512 MHz RAM (with about 200 free)
-Several Gb free on each drive.
-Running Norton Antivirus Corp Ed. v7.6
-They connect to the 'net through a dial-on-demand 56k
modem.
-All service packs AND all hotfixes loaded.

Help!  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

-Bruce Diamond

2. Error 1011

3. Server Slows to a Crawl after time

4. ATT: KIRIL

5. Distribution Lists slow exchange to a crawl

6. Help!!!! Error 1069

7. TCP/IP slows Outlook to a CRAWL!!!

8. KAK virus

9. Web access brings server to crawl

10. Slow access to public contact folder on exchange server

11. Web access brings server to crawl