Exchange 2000 Server Conflict Message Problem

Exchange 2000 Server Conflict Message Problem

Post by Jeff Mac Phers » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 11:02:39

I have 3 exchange 2000 server in 3 location using WAN
When I edit 1 contact in public folder, the conflict message comes
back.  I know that no one has open the same item on the other server
because this is my test folder.  It seems like everything in my public
folders that has been edited are all conflict, in 1 day, I received
20,000 conflict items.  Anyone know what the problem might be ?

Exchange 2000 Server Conflict Message Problem

Post by Rohinton[MSFT » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:37:41

hope you are running the latest service Pack of Exchange 2k.

rgds

newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> I have 3 exchange 2000 server in 3 location using WAN
> When I edit 1 contact in public folder, the conflict message comes
> back.  I know that no one has open the same item on the other server
> because this is my test folder.  It seems like everything in my public
> folders that has been edited are all conflict, in 1 day, I received
> 20,000 conflict items.  Anyone know what the problem might be ?

Exchange 2000 Server Conflict Message Problem

Post by Jeff Mac Phers » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:16:11

Yeap, SP3.. figure it out, some how the folder are corrupted.  I copy
the contacts to a folder, delete the public one, copy it back, been
working great.  Something some how got out of sync or corrupted.  Easy
solution
> hope you are running the latest service Pack of Exchange 2k.

> rgds

> > I have 3 exchange 2000 server in 3 location using WAN
> > When I edit 1 contact in public folder, the conflict message comes
> > back.  I know that no one has open the same item on the other server
> > because this is my test folder.  It seems like everything in my public
> > folders that has been edited are all conflict, in 1 day, I received
> > 20,000 conflict items.  Anyone know what the problem might be ?

1. Public folder conflicts/conflict messages

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on what might be happening.....

I have a group of Mac users who are editing documents stored within a series
of public folders. Most only have rights to view.

I have started to get conflicts happen, and each time it shows that the
conflict is caused by only the one user. The only difference is the edit
time. The user assures me nobody else is editing at the same time, which is
backed up by the fact the conflict only lists the one user name.....

I know why conflicts occur, but I am unsure why it is occurring in this
instance. Maybe an issue with the Mac client? Of course, the Mac client
can't view the conflict form so a PC has to be used to clear the conflict.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Peter.

(If possible, please email me direct)

2. Viewing Exchange Public Folders from a browser

3. Big "Conflict message" problem

4. Forms

5. Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 server problems (Maybe DNS problems)

6. ADC Conectors To Exchange 5.5 Sites

7. Exchange 5.5 Event Service/message conflicts in Exchange/Outlook

8. virus in new mailboxes

9. Exchange 5.5 Administrator and Outlook 2000 conflicts

10. LDAP Port conflict with Exchange 2000 initial install and W2k

11. Conflict with Migrating accounts to Exchange 2000

12. Conflict messages with Exchange/ Outlook

13. Exchange 2000 server move problems: suspect active directory as root problem