Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5 ??

Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5 ??

Post by Doug Dorbuc » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:52:11

Hello,

I have a strange situation on my Exchange 5.5 server and outlook 2000
clients. When I send an email to a user and do a message recall from the
Outlook 2k client I get a message stating "you attempted to recall this
message .." but the message never gets recalled and stays in the inbox
of the destination. I have done this to a test email account where the
message is not read so a recall should be possible. The test email
account shows the original message "unread" and a duplicate of the
message saying that it has been recalled (with the little shortcut icon
next to it). The original and the recall notice are in the inbox of this
test user and never do get recalled. If I do click on the recall notice
for this user a prompt appears questioning the recall act and both
messages are then removed from this users inbox. Does anyone have any
idea on why this may be happening ? The only item added to this server
recently was Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange which may pre-read
all messages scanning for virus's so it may break this feature. But
somehow I feel that this is not the problem.

Thanks.

Doug Dorbuck

Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5 ??

Post by L » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:16:02

Check your deleted items retention for the Information store (Under
properties)

Also, make sure that you've highlighted the trash bin in outlook
before trying to restore messages.  I've found that if you don't, it
won't let you.

-LC, MCSE

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:52:11 -0500, Doug Dorbuck

>Hello,

>I have a strange situation on my Exchange 5.5 server and outlook 2000
>clients. When I send an email to a user and do a message recall from the
>Outlook 2k client I get a message stating "you attempted to recall this
>message .." but the message never gets recalled and stays in the inbox
>of the destination. I have done this to a test email account where the
>message is not read so a recall should be possible. The test email
>account shows the original message "unread" and a duplicate of the
>message saying that it has been recalled (with the little shortcut icon
>next to it). The original and the recall notice are in the inbox of this
>test user and never do get recalled. If I do click on the recall notice
>for this user a prompt appears questioning the recall act and both
>messages are then removed from this users inbox. Does anyone have any
>idea on why this may be happening ? The only item added to this server
>recently was Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange which may pre-read
>all messages scanning for virus's so it may break this feature. But
>somehow I feel that this is not the problem.

>Thanks.

>Doug Dorbuck

1. Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5

Hello,

I have a strange situation on my Exchange 5.5 server and outlook 2000
clients. When I send an email to a user and do a message recall from the
Outlook 2k client I get a message stating "you attempted to recall this
message .." but the message never gets recalled and stays in the inbox
of the destination. I have done this to a test email account where the
message is not read so a recall should be possible. The test email
account shows the original message "unread" and a duplicate of the
message saying that it has been recalled (with the little shortcut icon
next to it). The original and the recall notice are in the inbox of this
test user and never do get recalled. Does anyone have any ideas on why
this may be happening ? The only item added to this server recently was
Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange which may pre-read all messages
scanning for virus's so it may break this feature. But somehow I feel
that this is not the problem.

Thanks.

Doug Dorbuck

2. POP Mail

3. Recall a message in Outlook 2000

4. PLZ HELP! Exchange 2000 prob; some users cant get email, but it's in their mailbox

5. Recall messages in Exchange 2000 !!

6. Differences Between Standard and Enterprise Editions

7. recalling a message sent to multiple users in exchange 5.5

8. Non Deliverable mail

9. Recall Message Feature for Exchange 5.5

10. Outlook 2000 /mesage recall

11. Recall not working on deferred messages

12. Message Recall not working