Add mail Disclaimer to Outgoing mail

Post by Paul Wyn » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:32:51

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to configure Exchange 2000 to add a
mail disclaimer to all outgoing mail through Exchange 2000 interface.

I know I can purchase software to do this but wondered if it was somthing
that could be done without having to purchase software.

paul wynn

Add mail Disclaimer to Outgoing mail

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:12:44

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:32:51 +0100, "Paul Wynn"

>Can anyone tell me if it is possible to configure Exchange 2000 to add a
>mail disclaimer to all outgoing mail through Exchange 2000 interface.

>I know I can purchase software to do this but wondered if it was somthing
>that could be done without having to purchase software.

Yes, you could write an event sink, but the cost of development time
will quickly outstrip the $149 or so it costs for a simple product to
do this.

--
Chris Scharff MVP-Exchange, MCSE
The Mail Resource Center

Add mail Disclaimer to Outgoing mail

Post by Larry the La » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:33:05

Have a look at Q317680 for writing a VB program to add the disclaimer.
You may need the SDK platform kit to get the cscript program though.

Regards,

Larry the Lama

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:32:51 +0100, "Paul Wynn"

> >Can anyone tell me if it is possible to configure Exchange 2000 to add a
> >mail disclaimer to all outgoing mail through Exchange 2000 interface.

> >I know I can purchase software to do this but wondered if it was somthing
> >that could be done without having to purchase software.
> Yes, you could write an event sink, but the cost of development time
> will quickly outstrip the $149 or so it costs for a simple product to
> do this.

1. Adding a disclaimer to all outgoing SMTP e-mails

We are running Exchange 4 (I know it's old) at our site, one of the servers
is the internet mail gateway server to send and receive all our SMTP mail.
Is there an option on the IM gateway to add a disclaimer (i.e. a couple
lines of text) to all outgoing messages?

We are about to upgrade to 5.5 so if this is something available in 5.5 and
not in 4.0, I'm still interested.

2. EXCDO errors when a MAC client connects

3. Adding Disclaimer to Outgoing Mail

4. Arcserve 2000 exchange agent VS Exchange 2000 server (1314)

5. Adding Disclaimers to outgoing SMTP mail

6. Public Folder question

7. Adding a disclaimer to outgoing mail

8. Send Receive email problem We're Stumped!!!!

9. Adding 'disclaimer' onto all outgoing mail

10. Adding a disclaimer to all outgoing SMTP e-mails

11. Adding disclaimers on all outgoing mail

12. Exchange Server Application to add a Disclaimer to outgoing mails

13. I need to add a Disclaimer to all outgoing mail