Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory

Post by Meridith McGinni » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 05:02:01

We are currently moving to Active Directory.  I installed
a new Windows 2000 as a PDC (new domain.)  I have moved
all my users to log in to the new domain, not the old
domain.  The last step is to move our W2K server with
Exchange 5.5 over to the new domain.  I'm not 100% sure on
the steps and have not be successful on the internet. I
plan on using the Active Directory Connector (?) and then
in Administrator point to the new domain account instead
of the old domain and then have users change the domain
name to the new domain.  Is it that simple?  Nothing is
that simple, is it.  Any words of advice on the steps that
should be taken and the order would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory

Post by Rich Elli » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:20:17

Try the Move Server wizzard on technet. Read up on it
first. Lot's of work switching domains in 5.5.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We are currently moving to Active Directory.  I
installed
>a new Windows 2000 as a PDC (new domain.)  I have moved
>all my users to log in to the new domain, not the old
>domain.  The last step is to move our W2K server with
>Exchange 5.5 over to the new domain.  I'm not 100% sure
on
>the steps and have not be successful on the internet. I
>plan on using the Active Directory Connector (?) and
then
>in Administrator point to the new domain account instead
>of the old domain and then have users change the domain
>name to the new domain.  Is it that simple?  Nothing is
>that simple, is it.  Any words of advice on the steps
that
>should be taken and the order would be greatly
appreciated.

>Thank you
>.

1. exchange 5.5 and Active Directory on Win 2000

Hello,

I want to create a user in AD( on Win 2000) and a mailbox
on Exchange 5.5.
If Active Directory is setup and the replication is from AD
to Exchange, is it possible that if I create a user in AD
to create automatically a mailbox for that user?

I want to add a user in AD with a program in C# using LDAP
provider, setup attributes for that user (what are exchange
LDAP attributes that need to be set?) and automatically to
create a mailbox for that user.

Thank you.

2. Exchange Setup

3. Preparing Exchange 5.5 for Active Directory

4. Fax add-on

5. Exchange 5.5 in Active directory

6. Two domains on one server

7. Exchange 5.5 and Active Directory

8. IMS problems

9. Moving Exchange 5.5 into Active Directory Domain

10. exchange 5.5 and Active Directory coexist?

11. Preparing Exchange 5.5 for Active Directory