Internet Mail Wizard Fails with ID no: 8004100e

Internet Mail Wizard Fails with ID no: 8004100e

Post by darf » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 05:04:18

I have installed exchange 2003 on a standard win2k server,
everything seems to work properly but when I run the
internet mail wizard it fails with this error in a popup.

The wizard report tells me this:

The selected server fails the following prereqs:
Can not be part of a Network Load Balancing cluster

My server is NOT part of NLB, I don't have any network
balancing installed anywhere, so where is it getting this
from? I have searched MS for the ID no (8004100) and the
results (though not many) are usually about WBEM or WMI,
none of the clues in there have helped so far.

Any help or clues is greately appreciated!

1. Sending Internet mail with internet mail user ID not exchange ID through Outlook 2000 - A solution

A Solution to this

1. On exchange Administrator, add a custom recipient to the global address
book, set permissions to include 'send' as and add users as required.
2. On outlook add internet mail using Tools, Services, Add, Internet email,
Set up mail server info and user / password info for Internet mail account.
Log off OL2K, Logo on and click NEW message, Click VIEW, FROM and the 'from'
box will appear. click the 'from' button in message and select name from
list (right click to add to user address book - see note1 below)
Send message and it will be sent using your full settings as defined in

Note1. To hide the address from the view of other users use Exchange
Administrator and under Global Address book, double click Address, select
Advanced tab and select 'Hide From Address Book'

I don't take credit for this, that belongs at
http://victori.hypermart.net/SendAs.html
It will say that it's been checked on Exch 5.5 and OL98, now Exch5.5 and
OL2000

Regards

Colin Brown.

If you are looking for managed office space look at www.codicote.org, they
have superb facilities.

2. Printing messages from Exchange

3. ERROR ID no:8004100e

4. Outlook 98 and Contacts

5. Info Store keeps going down

6. OWA question

7. Internet Mail Wizard Mail Relay Connection