Mailbox Rights take hours to apply

Post by Dave W » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:16:05

We have used the "mailbox rights" option to enable other users to see common mailboxes. The mailbox store though does not permit access for about 3-4 hours after we assign someone new to the rights list. Is there some way to accelerate this adjustment of the store?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mailbox Rights take hours to apply

Post by Baris Eris [MS » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:23:26

It's Active Directory replication. Review your replication latencies and see
if that explains it.

Baris.

Quote:> We have used the "mailbox rights" option to enable other users to see

common mailboxes. The mailbox store though does not permit access for about
3-4 hours after we assign someone new to the rights list. Is there some way
to accelerate this adjustment of the store?
Quote:

> Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Mailbox Rights takes hours to apply (Baris)

Baris, For some reason, I cannot reply to the previous stream (server side error keeps coming up) so I had to create a new stream.

Thanks for the quick response Baris unfortunately we already checked that one out and have been doing a "Replicate Now" command to ensure that the AD updates itself quickly. It was set for 1 hour and we increased it to 15 minutes but still no help. Our configuration is an AD on one machine, the replicated AD and the Exchange server 2000 on a second machine.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

2. Distribution lists?

3. Exchange, Outlook: import from .PST to Mailbox takes hours, Event ID 1160

4. DS_E_DIT_ERROR

5. what minimum rights apply for creating folders and aplly rights for users

6. Domain name change

7. Security permission updates take hours to be applied

8. Exchange4+Internet Mail+NT4 = MAPI spooler crash

9. Email Attachment takes up to 18 hours..

10. Message recall taking hours

11. Sent Mail takes 4 hours to be delivered

12. Message recall taking hours

13. E-mail takes hours!