upgrade for Exchange 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

upgrade for Exchange 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

Post by micha » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:48:57

We are fast approaching the Information Store size limit and would like to
upgrade our 5.5 standard edition to 5.5 Enterprise Edition.  Our problem is
that we do not hav ethe Enterprise upgrade CD in our possesion.  It got
lost...it's a long story.  We have the licensse for Enterprise edition and
we would really rather run an upgrade than rebuild our server from the full
version CD and restore from backup.  I was wondering if anyone had a copy of
this upgrade CD that we could borrow.  I will give you any information you
need so that you will feel secure that you will get this CD back.  We tried
purchasing another copy but have been given the runaround from everyone we
have talked to since Microsoft has discontinued this version.  If anyone out
there can help us out we would be very grateful.

In case we do decide to rebuild can anyone offer any suggestions of what we
should be aware of when we try to restore the IS from backups?  Thanks
again.

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:29:26

> We are fast approaching the Information Store size limit and would like to
> upgrade our 5.5 standard edition to 5.5 Enterprise Edition.  Our problem is
> that we do not hav ethe Enterprise upgrade CD in our possesion.  It got
> lost...it's a long story.  We have the licensse for Enterprise edition and
> we would really rather run an upgrade than rebuild our server from the full
> version CD and restore from backup.  I was wondering if anyone had a copy of
> this upgrade CD that we could borrow.  I will give you any information you
> need so that you will feel secure that you will get this CD back.  We tried
> purchasing another copy but have been given the runaround from everyone we
> have talked to since Microsoft has discontinued this version.  If anyone out
> there can help us out we would be very grateful.

You can upgrade your server with full EE. Alternatively you can call M$ and
request replacement CD.

Quote:

 http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/BackupRestore.htm

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. Upgrade Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise

Hi.

Last night I tried to do an upgrade from Exchange 5.5
Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise.  The installation
failed with an error  "Setup could not continue..error IDs
C1032C08 and C106FC0D.

We are reaching the 16Gb limit with the Standard version
and need to upgrade ASAP.  I don't want to have to rebuild
the whole server from scratch.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Samantha

2. Blocking message delivery

3. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on Win2K

4. recipient not known

5. Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition Upgrade

6. Refused by blackhole site

7. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise.

8. Question for Bryan Nyce.

9. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard to 5.5 Enterprise Edition...

10. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 Standard -> 5.5 Enterprise

11. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 standard -> 5.5 enterprise

12. Upgrading Exchange 5.5 standard to 5.5 Enterprise

13. upgrading from 5.5 standard to 5.5 enterprise