Exchange 2000 setup hangs

Post by miss patt » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:13:28

Hello All,

While building a total of 9 Exchange 2K servers in a test environment, we
had the setup hang on a total of 4 of them.  I stopped the installation and
started over with the option to Reinstall.  Setup hangs again. Exchange
System Manager is available and can see the other Exchange servers; the only
problem on the trouble servers seems to be that the Public Folder heirarchy
is not available.

Any advice?

Thanks!

-patti

Exchange 2000 setup hangs

Post by TCC » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:45:43

Any more info on your test lab? Are there 5.5 boxes in the environment as
well? Have you verified DNS entries for the servers?

I think I'd probably start here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q246224

If that didn't help, any help here?:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q236146
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q241353
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q313601
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q260692

And these are good too:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;exch2k
http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

--
TCC
MCSE

*Obligatory Disclaimer*
The information provided above is provided AS IS the author makes no
warranty, expressed or implied, for the accuracy of this information. This
information is based on personal testing and experience and may not apply to
your specific issue or problem. Please conduct your own thorough testing of
any proposed solutions to ensure compatibly and proper resolution of your
issue. All quoted or referenced information belonging to other third parties
is also provided AS IS and remains wholly owned by it's authors and owners.

Quote:> Hello All,

> While building a total of 9 Exchange 2K servers in a test environment, we
> had the setup hang on a total of 4 of them.  I stopped the installation
and
> started over with the option to Reinstall.  Setup hangs again. Exchange
> System Manager is available and can see the other Exchange servers; the
only
> problem on the trouble servers seems to be that the Public Folder
heirarchy
> is not available.

> Any advice?

> Thanks!

> -patti

1. Exchange 2000 Hang Windows 2000

Hi to all,

I have some problem with my IBM iSeries cluster with Exchange 2000 cluster.
It means that I installed and configured all correctly, Windows 2000 A.S.
SP2 and Exchange 2000, it worked well when Information Store 2 was empty. I
moved a mailbox, about 350 Mbytes, without problems; but after some
operations on Windows 2000 A. S. (for example open Internet Explorer o My
computer), the operative system blocked all functions.
So I shutted down the node 1 and all services are switched on node2, but
when it seem to work, Windows 2000 is blocked.

Is there someone that knows somethings?

Thank you.

Cristiano

2. System Attendant Error

3. Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 DC - Install Hangs

4. setting mail services on a LAN with win98

5. Exchange 2000 setup problem (setup /ForestPrep )

6. setup CDO to use Exchange server's IMC?

7. Exchange setup hangs

8. Exchange 5.0 & NT SP version

9. Setup Hanging on Exchange-SA service.

10. Exchange setup hangs at site replication service (SRS) installation

11. Setup of OWA using SSL on Exchange 2000, Windows 2000

12. Can I setup a Exchange 2000 Server on Windows 2000 Server (without Active Direct

13. Exchange 2000 hangs