Migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2000, and now contacts wont show when sending mail

Migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2000, and now contacts wont show when sending mail

Post by Al William » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 05:04:42

Redo your Outlook profile for exchange in the Mail control panel (ie: record
settings, delete it, and recreate it).  That should clear things up.

--
Allan Williams
Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA

Quote:> contacts in the contacts folder can be seen in my outlook 2000 client
> under Outlook Today.

> However, if I do a new message, click to, then select the drop down
> from "show names from the" and select Contacts, its blank.

> I then went to the properties of contacts under my folder list, and
> clicked "outlook address book" tab, and "show this folder as an email
> address book" was not checked.  I checked it, then again I went to,
> new message, click to, then select the drop down from "show names from
> the".  In the drop down there are now two "contacts" groups listed.
> One now shows my contacts, the other is still blank.  What is the
> problem, and how do I fix?  Why is it showing two now with one blank?

> thanks

1. Exchange 2000 wont send internet mail via virtual SMTP server

I have recently set up Exchange 2000 server demo and am having trouble
sending
internet mail. I enabled logging and have the following from the last
attempt:

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2001-05-11 23:12:08
#Fields: s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status sc-bytes
cs-bytes time-taken cs-version
HELO - +materiaexch 250 53 16 0 SMTP

QUIT - materiaexch 0 76 4 0 SMTP

The mail makes it to the server but then just sits in the Virtual SMTP
Server
queue.  I tried to force connection, enable all connections etc.  The mail
never arrives at my internet account.

My DNS is working fine,  nslookup works for microsoft.com etc. Mail within
the
domain works fine.  My domain is set to materia-inc.com, in anticipation of
going on-line after we migrate our mail server in house.  The domain exists
now, but I figured it wouldn't matter since I'm on a private subnet and I'm
not
trying to receive mail for te time being.

The Exchange server uses DHCP to obtain its IP from a WinRoute router
running
under Windows 2k pro.

Any hints????Why can't I send mail!?

TIA
Dave

2. reply to address not displayed correctly

3. reading mail

4. Disabling Mail Realy in Exchange 5.0

5. Sent Mail not showing not showing up in Sent Items Folder

6. Where is the IMS??

7. Problem sending mail after migrate to Exchange 2000

8. Outlook express wont send emails through exchange 2000

9. Move or Migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 5.5 or 2000

10. exchange 2000 server crash, reinstalled - now 2 sets of contacts shown on clients - 1 not working

11. 2000 ver of Exchange 5.5 Admin program wont install