distribution lists + bcc

Post by Scott O » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:51:18

Have a DL with say 10 email addresses.  When I mail to this, everyone on the
DL can see each other in the To box.  Is there a way to do this with
Exchange 2000 and DLs or Exchange 2000 in general so that I mail the DL but
the person receving the message only sees their name and not everyones?

Thanks,

Scott

distribution lists + bcc

Post by Scott O » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:56:34

Forgot to mention this is a DL created in Outlook 2000, made up of contacts
from a Public Folder.

Scott

Quote:> Have a DL with say 10 email addresses.  When I mail to this, everyone on
the
> DL can see each other in the To box.  Is there a way to do this with
> Exchange 2000 and DLs or Exchange 2000 in general so that I mail the DL
but
> the person receving the message only sees their name and not everyones?

> Thanks,

> Scott

distribution lists + bcc

Post by Neil Hobso » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:01:08

Adding the DL to the BCC field is probably as close as you're going to get.

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

> Forgot to mention this is a DL created in Outlook 2000, made up of
contacts
> from a Public Folder.

> Scott

> > Have a DL with say 10 email addresses.  When I mail to this, everyone on
> the
> > DL can see each other in the To box.  Is there a way to do this with
> > Exchange 2000 and DLs or Exchange 2000 in general so that I mail the DL
> but
> > the person receving the message only sees their name and not everyones?

> > Thanks,

> > Scott

1. BCC: a distribution list?

I'm trying to send a a bcc'd message to a distribution
list without putting an address in the TO: field.  It
works, except when I've trialed this with a few friends,
the message they recieve shows that the message is TO: my
e-mail address instead of listing their e-mail address.
I am using Outlook 2002.

Does anyone know a way to send a bulk message that
appears to be sent only to a specific individual?  I get
e-mail like this all the time in my in-box, but I do not
know how they do it?

Thanks for any help.

Frondy

2. Exchange Smart Host

3. BCC distribution list - major, major problem?

4. How to setup POP3 to require SSL

5. Crass problem with BCC distribution list

6. Delay in sending SMTP messages

7. Distribution List of Distribution Lists

8. Installation error

9. Moving Personal Distribution Lists to Gloabl Distribution Lists

10. dif between distribution group and distribution list

11. Bcc recipients list

12. Members of list show in BCC of sent item after initiating delivery receipt

13. Cannot Receive Mail when users are on BCC list