2 domains, 2 servers, 1 exchange?

Post by Rob de Jong » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

hi ...

recently i was asked to figure out how to implement exchange for the entire
building. the department i work for already has its own exchange server, and
we'd very much like to keep it that way. the rest of the building has seen
the great possibilities exchange has to offer and now wants to use it too.
now i have a few questions concerning the implementation ...

we have two NT domains within the building. what we would like is the
following situation; the continuation of the two domains, each domain having
its own exchange server running. this ofcourse, is no problem. what might be
a problem though, is the following.

there are certain people in domain A, that manage calenders for both users
in domain A as well as in domain B. outlook doesnt allow me to 'connect' to
2 exchange servers simulaneously. is there a trick to get this working
anyway? or is it maybe an option to make one 'exchange environment' so that
users from both domains can see mailboxes from all other users?

anybody who can help me out here?

thanx,

rob

2 domains, 2 servers, 1 exchange?

Post by Devonport Management L » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Depends wether you want domain A and B to have their own exchange
servers (two server two organizations)

If you are happy to have one organization then you can add both
servers to either domain A or and Domain B. However you will need to
create a trust between the two domains One way trust will be enough.

create a site connector between the two exchange boxese and you will
be sorted.. with a bit more planning.

Purchase Exchange Server Planning Installation guide By Tony Redmond.

You will find this at http://www.slipstick.com

If you do not want to do this then you could setup two profiles within
Exchange/Outlook clients. One would look at Exchange Server 1 in
Domain A and the other in Exchange Server 2 in Domain B.
If you use this then you would need to have trusts setup between
domains and may be more constructive to have a two way trust rather
than a one way.

Hope this has helped???
Regards
Colin Leach MCP

Quote:>hi ...

>recently i was asked to figure out how to implement exchange for the entire
>building. the department i work for already has its own exchange server, and
>we'd very much like to keep it that way. the rest of the building has seen
>the great possibilities exchange has to offer and now wants to use it too.
>now i have a few questions concerning the implementation ...

>we have two NT domains within the building. what we would like is the
>following situation; the continuation of the two domains, each domain having
>its own exchange server running. this ofcourse, is no problem. what might be
>a problem though, is the following.

>there are certain people in domain A, that manage calenders for both users
>in domain A as well as in domain B. outlook doesnt allow me to 'connect' to
>2 exchange servers simulaneously. is there a trick to get this working
>anyway? or is it maybe an option to make one 'exchange environment' so that
>users from both domains can see mailboxes from all other users?

>anybody who can help me out here?

>thanx,

>rob

1. 2 domains, 2 servers, 1 exchange?

[...]

2. Can't send to a specific Internet domain

3. Blocked Outbound Ports Stops Inbound Mail

4. text and attachments falling off between 2 servers

5. Demote Domain Exchange 2000 Server, add to other domain Exchange 2000 Server

6. Receing E-Mail (Going Insane) In ALOT of trouble

7. server.domain/exchange to server.domain possible?

8. install exchange 2000 on w2k server which is in a domain but not domain controll

9. Moving exchange server 5.5 from NT 4.0 domain to W2K domain

10. moving exchange server from one domain to a new domain

11. Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)